5th Generation RX Discussion: Official Thread (RX 500h, 450h+, 350h and More)

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I’m hearing internally they want even more style and some real performance for the next RX. I hear Range Rover a lot.
I hear the RX will have a F version to compete with the SVR edition RR. /s

The LX and NX are the deepest insights to the Lexus Product Planners. The LX highlighted what Lexus's finest designers and engineers can come up with an unlimited budget and to be fair I'm not holding my breath on the RX being anywhere near the RR. Its going to remove the stigma of being "well you can get a similar features or more in a top shelf highlander"/Toyota Plus.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Well I think RX will be exactly the same as NX in execution: very safe and catering to its core buyer demographics. No ultra-lux or high performance because they are not what buyers are looking for. RX has never been challenged in terms of value so that's what they will focus on. They can't risk big changes that alienate their customers as was the case for LS.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I hear the RX will have a F version to compete with the SVR edition RR. /s

The LX and NX are the deepest insights to the Lexus Product Planners. The LX highlighted what Lexus's finest designers and engineers can come up with an unlimited budget and to be fair I'm not holding my breath on the RX being anywhere near the RR. Its going to remove the stigma of being "well you can get a similar features or more in a top shelf highlander"/Toyota Plus.
Budget wasn’t unlimited. It never is. Toyota has mastered efficiency which someone’s goes against the Lexus grain.

A ton of effort was put into the newer multi-media systems since that was the biggest complaint from consumers.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Budget wasn’t unlimited. It never is. Toyota has mastered efficiency which someone’s goes against the Lexus grain.

A ton of effort was put into the newer multi-media systems since that was the biggest complaint from consumers.
I assume the dev budget/cost cutting would be more/less respectively compared to an NX and RX.

Last edited:

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Value wise the RX is king currently, but I think the MDX and recent QX60 in top tier spec really outshine the RX. The highlander in top trim level gives a decent value alternative as well.

I hope that they finally introduce massage seats, with stronger ventiliated seats as well as 3 zone climate with rear vent seats

Reactions
I had a 2016 RX and even though I didn't hate it, I was not a fan of the driving dynamics.

I guess it didn't help that I followed up that purchase with a GS F, easily one of the top 2 or 3 best Lexus models ever.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
BestCar is also going in a similar design to MAG-X (more NX-like):

20210910-P014-019-Scoop-SUV-29.jpg
is this RX or TX. Its interesting that Lexus will keep the weird prolonged rear end for the 5 seater RX. That means Lexus is listening to the RX-L buyers who purchased that vehicle over a RX not for the seats but for the additional cargo volume/height. That would mean the TX is gonna be a chunky beast and probably interesting in the space. X7 volume but X5 price?

Last edited:

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Styling is always subjective and i personally like this rendering by AutoYa very much.

I am not a fan of the huge grille brigade so like the more compact and sporty look of this rendering. The current RX front aspect has long been the subject of intense debate - it is improved in the latest version but that slatted big grille when first launched i reckon cost plenty sales.

Razor

Fan
Reactions
Styling is always subjective and i personally like this rendering by AutoYa very much.

I am not a fan of the huge grille brigade so like the more compact and sporty look of this rendering. The current RX front aspect has long been the subject of intense debate - it is improved in the latest version but that slatted big grille when first launched i reckon cost plenty sales.
Not enough to keep it out of #1. ;)

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
So as I stated in the other thread, expand the lineup and follow the NX game plan. I would not hold my breath on some kind of miraculous full time AWD setup (sh-awd esque) I'm thinking the same setup as the NX. The difference in quality should be on par with the difference of the current RX and outgoing NX.

Last edited:

Razor

Fan
Reactions
Value wise the RX is king currently, but I think the MDX and recent QX60 in top tier spec really outshine the RX. The highlander in top trim level gives a decent value alternative as well.

I hope that they finally introduce massage seats, with stronger ventiliated seats as well as 3 zone climate with rear vent seats
A little while ago, my wife and I were out with the new RX and parked in a mall lot. 50 feet away was a new MDX, same color. I said to my wife, "Take a look over there, that's some of the RX's competition". She said "Really?" I said "Yeah, there's no way it even comes close to looking this good". ;)