Question on 2020 RX factory order

Reactions
Hi, I placed a special order for a 2020 RX 450h Sport SUV (Model 9446) on June 21, 2019. This 2020 model was launched in early September, but the Raleigh Johnson Lexus dealer has none yet in their inventory. I've been in communication with their Inventory Manager who has been extremely helpful. With that said, is there a way to determine an actual delivery date of my special order, now that production has begun? I'm specifically looking for the "build date" of my order, as well as estimated date when Johnson Lexus of Raleigh will receive this vehicle for my purchase. Thoughts, comments?

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Lexus unfortunately doesn't offer a lot of transparency regarding the progress of custom orders. My local dealership (Lexus of Towson, in Maryland) has multiple 2020 RXes in stock so I'd assume your order will be produced soon, but like I said it's hard to know what's actually happening.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Hi, I placed a special order for a 2020 RX 450h Sport SUV (Model 9446) on June 21, 2019. This 2020 model was launched in early September, but the Raleigh Johnson Lexus dealer has none yet in their inventory. I've been in communication with their Inventory Manager who has been extremely helpful. With that said, is there a way to determine an actual delivery date of my special order, now that production has begun? I'm specifically looking for the "build date" of my order, as well as estimated date when Johnson Lexus of Raleigh will receive this vehicle for my purchase. Thoughts, comments?

Unfortunately as with any special order, only the dealership placing the order would know whats what. Is it their own allocation or did they do a swap with someone else. In addition, once they place the order the RX build times, at least for sold orders is pretty fast unless your spec is exotic.

The inventory mgr should be able to print out the order info and/or expected build date if the orders been confirmed. However dont quote me on this, as its a YMMV.

Reactions

May I ask if you had to pay MSRP for your build or were you able to negotiate on the price? I am trying to customize an order myself so any information you can share would be very helpful. Thanks.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
May I ask if you had to pay MSRP for your build or were you able to negotiate on the price? I am trying to customize an order myself so any information you can share would be very helpful. Thanks.

Everything is negotiable. Now whether your specific dealer wants to play ball is a whole different story. From my understanding I have seen folks get from sticker all the way down to 14% off sticker on a custom build unit.

The big part here is what your dealer has on the lots. At this time all non Japan built vehicles (anything with VIN JT, or more generally anything with the 3 row) are showing healthy inventory levels so you should have some leverage. Everything else ymmv

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Forgot to mention, that if you want to order, make sure you order when the delivery date concides with a sales event. For the MY20, I think you`ll know what your looking at by Nov 4th (December 2 remember starts then)

Reactions
Forgot to mention, that if you want to order, make sure you order when the delivery date concides with a sales event. For the MY20, I think you`ll know what your looking at by Nov 4th (December 2 remember starts then)

Thank you so much for the tips!