Production Lexus LC Models Start Arriving in the USA

Reactions
Hey everyone! A few days ago, I had the opportunity to capture a moment of history, the first production LC 500s being delivered to the East Coast, USA. All four cars were hybrids.

Port of Newark | March 6, 2017 | 8:15 a.m.

Five years ago at the Detroit Auto Show, Akio Toyoda revealed his vision for a new Lexus, the LF-LC.
This groundbreaking concept was so bold that many critics said it couldn’t be built.

This morning at 8:15 a.m., four LC 500s made their grand arrival at the Port of Newark straight from the Motomatchi Plant. With their commanding stance and sleek contours, even the longshoremen found a need to pause and stare in awe. There was an undeniable feeling in the air that a new era for Lexus had begun. These four stunning vehicles proved that Lexus continues to defy the impossible.

Safe to say, the critics were wrong.

LC touchdown.jpg
LC 500 single file.jpg

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-03-13-lexus-lc-arriving.jpg

All four models were LC 500h models.
View the original article post

ydooby

Follower
Reactions
Thanks for the great pics. What's that black round thing on the right of the front bumper? It was never in any of the previous pictures/videos of the LC.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
These are great pictures! thanks for posting them. I just joined Lexus Enthusiast and this is the kind of news / info that I am looking for. BTW: I know that my local Lexus dealer in Indianapolis (Tom Wood Lexus) is getting their first LC 500h on March 30th (to be initially used as a show room model). They are getting the first cars that were ordered in May. I am anxiously waiting for the arrival of my LC (sport performance package) in May. The dealer has invited me to test drive their new showroom LC 500h on March 30th and I can't wait!

RAL

Reactions
These are great pictures! thanks for posting them. I just joined Lexus Enthusiast and this is the kind of news / info that I am looking for. BTW: I know that my local Lexus dealer in Indianapolis (Tom Wood Lexus) is getting their first LC 500h on March 30th (to be initially used as a show room model). They are getting the first cars that were ordered in May. I am anxiously waiting for the arrival of my LC (sport performance package) in May. The dealer has invited me to test drive their new showroom LC 500h on March 30th and I can't wait!

Though we have exchanged private messages, on behalf of the community I welcome you!

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Are these really production builds and not just late stage pilot production? Production would start in March they said, but looking at the date this was posted, it seems way too quick have them roll out series production models from Motomachi and have them in the U.S. that quickly. For that to happen, production began in February at least and definitely not in March.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Are these really production builds and not just late stage pilot production? Production would start in March they said, but looking at the date this was posted, it seems way too quick have them roll out series production models from Motomachi and have them in the U.S. that quickly. For that to happen, production began in February at least and definitely not in March.

I think these are the 4 production cars being used for training. From my understanding hybrids will be easier to get before the V-8.

Reactions

These four LCs were built in 1/17.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Would just like to say I saw an LC driving around today it was unbelievable. I wanted to turn around and follow it but couldn't get across the road! So excited to start seeing these all over the place!

PeterF

Follower
Reactions

Would just like to say I saw an LC driving around today it was unbelievable. I wanted to turn around and follow it but couldn't get across the road! So excited to start seeing these all over the place!

Very cool. I was contacted by my Lexus dealer Monday to tell me that my new LC went into production (late last week) and would arrive in May. So it looks like Lexus is tracking each when they are producing the LCs that were ordered, telling the dealers, who enthusiastically tell the customer. :) needless to say I am pumped up about it. Will drive one of those show room LC hybrids next week! I'll take some pics and post

(also, please pardon multiple posts. I think I screwed up a reply and this may have been posted twice)

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Very cool. I was contacted by my Lexus dealer Monday to tell me that my new LC went into production (late last week) and would arrive in May. So it looks like Lexus is tracking each when they are producing the LCs that were ordered, telling the dealers, who enthusiastically tell the customer. :) needless to say I am pumped up about it. Will drive one of those show room LC hybrids next week! I'll take some pics and post

(also, please pardon multiple posts. I think I screwed up a reply and this may have been posted twice)
I'm sure you'll show us pics when you get it but may I ask what color and trim you got?! :)

James

Founding Member
Reactions
infrared with tan/brown interior: sport performance trim (the top trim, everything, carbon roof etc). I decided since I was spending so much money I was not going to go for a mid range trim and then wish I got the top trim. :):cool:
Sounds sweet! I'm with you IF I could afford it go all the way baby! lol congrats look forward to seeing pics!

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Thanks James! it has taken me a long while to be in a position where I could afford this. My wife thinks I'm a bit nuts, but also cute with my enthusiasm. I just figured that I have one life to live and now that I'm in my early 60s, I decided to go for it and could not resist the LC seeing I'm a bit of a Lexus nut