Reactions
Where in C&D did you find them? Link from website? Print edition? Which month?

My apologies for being super vague. I found it in the comments section in the LC Convertible article that they released. Someone posted what a top-up photo of the LC convertible. Now I am not sure if it was legitimate or just an artist's rendering.

Reactions
Lexus is in a tough spot. They said they'd sell about 4k LC500 in 2018, and the sold less than half that.
They make this beautiful thing, and you know they have put thousands and thousands of man hours and R&D into this
If they do build it, they would only sell 2-300 a year, less than 100 over 3 years.
Interest in these specialty cars is dropping year after year. The business case is horrible.

Yet, I still expect them to complete the promise.
You've gone this far, Cowboy.
Finish it, in Lexus style!
BD

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Lexus is in a tough spot. They said they'd sell about 4k LC500 in 2018, and the sold less than half that.
They make this beautiful thing, and you know they have put thousands and thousands of man hours and R&D into this
If they do build it, they would only sell 2-300 a year, less than 100 over 3 years.
Interest in these specialty cars is dropping year after year. The business case is horrible.

Yet, I still expect them to complete the promise.
You've gone this far, Cowboy.
Finish it, in Lexus style!
BD

It is unfortunate that they launched the LC into a market with dwindling car and coupe sales. There's the argument that they should have focused the resources on higher priority concerns such as expanding their crossover lineup more aggressively. But Lexus really needed a prestige project like the LC to transform the brand image so I would say it's a long term gain with short term pain.

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Guys I was seriously considering (and still am) getting the LC this year (been waiting a couple years) and now that the vert is green lit. What do you guys think? Spring 2020? Or maybe they launched this finished LC vert early 2019 for launch sometime in later 2019? I dont want to get the LC and regret not waiting a little longer for the vert.

Reactions
Logical to think so. Why would they release it in any other season than Spring?
Next year makes sense too, since this car is pretty much production-ready
It better be a hardtop. I'm sure it is. No one is paying $125k or so for a soft-top

Amazing concept, and love it in white with a white interior.
Engineering amazing!
BD

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I hope I am wrong, but I'm not sure they will actually build it. The overall reaction to the concept was positive but very brief... I didn't see a lot of sustained, "WOW PLEASE BUILD THIS NOW!" like Lexus has received with some other concepts.

I also believe the continued decline of the passenger car market is weighing heavily on Lexus' future product plans.

Hopefully they do build it, but I won't be surprised if they don't.

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
What could be sales expectations for this car? I could guess in Japan 300-500 and in Europe 100-200 a year. What about US and do arabs like convertibles?
Also LCC looks more stunning in the video than in the pictures.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Guys I was seriously considering (and still am) getting the LC this year (been waiting a couple years) and now that the vert is green lit. What do you guys think? Spring 2020? Or maybe they launched this finished LC vert early 2019 for launch sometime in later 2019? I dont want to get the LC and regret not waiting a little longer for the vert.

This is a tough one, honestly. I believe it will be built eventually, but don't know about timing. And I'm afraid if I start talking about a mid-cycle refresh, it will just confuse you more. :D

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
This is a tough one, honestly. I believe it will be built eventually, but don't know about timing. And I'm afraid if I start talking about a mid-cycle refresh, it will just confuse you more. :D

I do want to wait for the LC vert or refresh (or both) and maybe get the new G Wagon in the meantime, although the G's currently are all selling MSRP + dealer markup.

First world problems!

Reactions
Hi people

Just want to know if the upcoming LC500 convertible will be hard top or soft top?

I have done a lot of research. Some articles say soft, some say hard.....

I truly truly hope it will be a hard top. Too many soft tops on the road. They look weak and cheap and ruin the car's sweeping lines. Not everyone cares about WEIGHT, HANDLING, DYNAMICS......LC500 is a grand tourer, owners will be looking for a comfortable car for long distance that can go fast as well. Something that can turn between a coupe and a convertible.

As far as I know, going soft top just does not seem to be the Japanese way of doing things, so that is why I hope they go hard top. Plu,s Lexus has never ever made a soft top previously

Anyone here with insider information? Man if this comes with hard top, it will be in my garage one day, 10000%.......a man can dream.....

Reactions
Thanks RAL

I have seen it before. But isn't that only a well known render? Not official yet right?

RAL

Reactions
Thanks RAL

I have seen it before. But isn't that only a well known render? Not official yet right?
Right, not official yet ... everyone is anxious to know ... even my dealer. Candidly, I think the soft top in the rendering is gorgeous!

Reactions: Joe