Porsche Taycan Thread

Will1991

Reactions
Sometimes Elon should think a lot more before going to Twitter...

What was that all about? Sure, something was wrong with one unit (the one that burned to the ground), but as a car, the Porsche Taycan is so far ahead from a Model S...

This really seems like a kid's rant... From an actual CEO from what's fast becoming quite a big brand.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Fires in Li-Ion anything is a known hazard at this point. People willing to early adopt BEVs seem to largely be OK with it, although insurance might start requiring you to park them outside of the garage.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
That's what happens when you try to get both high energy density and high C-rate. I would say Taycan's batteries are rated for completely unrealistic specifications in order to win a numbers war against Tesla.

Saying the Taycan is better than the Model S is delusional. I too will be baffled by why one would pay 50% more for an inferior product, but Bill Gates is Bill Gates and he can buy whatever he wants.

Will1991

Reactions
@ssun30 , I won't even try to argue Taycan's electric propulsion because you unquestionable know a lot more on the subject than I do, but as a car (comfort, materials quality, build quality, NVH's levels), I do believe Porsche is far better than the Model S (or any Tesla). And both of them are out of my price range, but within what's reasonable for me, I always pay a bit more for better materials/build quality than outright specifications.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
That's my thinking too. The Model S has a great drivetrain in a quirky car with questionable build quality and a worse-than-Detroit dealer experience. With the Taycan the electric part is a bit iffy but it's in a great car with a respectable performance heritage and a well-established dealer network.

Will1991

Reactions
Even the Macan, they're giving it a second facelif... Most likely it will be the last ICE Macan ever since it's rumored to turn into a BEV on dedicated platform.

Taycan is a beautiful car with amazing specs!