Porsche Taycan Thread

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I take it that the "toggle switch" to the right of the steering wheel is the transmission gear selector. At first I thought it was an ignition key.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I am now more impressed by the Model S with its charging, performance, range. Obviously the interior/prestige will not match this car. Tesla really is on to something with their tech. Going to be interesting to see when the lower model Taycan's show up and what their range/performance will be like.

Will1991

Reactions
I am now more impressed by the Model S with its charging, performance, range. Obviously the interior/prestige will not match this car. Tesla really is on to something with their tech. Going to be interesting to see when the lower model Taycan's show up and what their range/performance will be like.

Hopefully Tesla is about to start a price war to fight better built competition!
Also, it's good news for us because we're starting to get better options so when Toyota/Lexus BEV does become available, it's coming out to a harder and well stablished market.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Hopefully Tesla is about to start a price war to fight better built competition!
Also, it's good news for us because we're starting to get better options so when Toyota/Lexus BEV does become available, it's coming out to a harder and well stablished market.

From what I've gathered Porsche will not compete on price. Ever. They feel its a superior product and will be priced accordingly.

Been quiet on the Lexus front but I'm hearing the next Toyota Mirai will be incredible.

Will1991

Reactions
Porsche has made a better electric car than I was expecting to be honest (regarding speed/acceleration), what I find funny is how luck Tesla has:

So... Tesla wins because it’s more spacious... That doesn’t sound right considering the last 10years or so ahahah

Also, when I saw the first drag race between them, and Tesla also lost... It was because it was a pre-Raven car, it was wet, etc... But now Tesla won a drag race because it had more interior room? Tesla really has a lot of luck with the internet...

Even more fun, is to read the reason for the Taycan’s victory... A two speed transmission! Wasn’t expecting reading this from Electrek after years of ‘Elon says it doesn’t makes sense’...

So, it’s starting to get fun : )

PS: Don’t read this the wrong way, I really look up Tesla on the Engineering stand point, what they have managed with so little in so little time! Just find it a lot of fun regarding how muck luck they have and how comprehensive Tesla’s costumers are when something goes the wrong way...

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I expected that Porsche would ship something that could beat Tesla on speed/acceleration, and that drag race aptly demonstrated the benefits of a transmission on performance BEVs.

Elon changing positions is nothing new. He recently had to testify in court for a shareholder class-action that the solar roof doesn't exist as a product, and then last week went out in public and promoted it again.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I expected that Porsche would ship something that could beat Tesla on speed/acceleration, and that drag race aptly demonstrated the benefits of a transmission on performance BEVs.

Elon changing positions is nothing new. He recently had to testify in court for a shareholder class-action that the solar roof doesn't exist as a product, and then last week went out in public and promoted it again.

lets remember that competition is always good and as much as I like to criticize Tesla, they changed automotive landscape for sure.
Plus, that Porsche is super expensive.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Taycan received the worst efficiency rating from EPA. What an embarrassment. So much for that 'superior German engineering'.