POLL: How interested are you in Toyota-related content on Lexus Enthusiast?

How interested are you in seeing a dedicated forum section for Toyota content on Lexus Enthusiast?

• Definitely - I'd love that

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No thanks - let's just keep it to Lexus, Toyota stuff can go in the Garage

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Hello Lexus Enthusiasts,

@krew and I were chatting recently about adding a forum section where we can house specific Toyota-related content outside of The Garage. With the two brands being so closely related, it seems that we have a lot of forum members who follow both. In the TNGA era, there is also a lot of overlapping discussion about platforms, engines, future plans and more. Looking at the Garage, it seems like nearly half of the threads are Toyota-specific.

Would you be interested in a specific Toyota forum section on Lexus Enthusiast forums?

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
I'm bit sceptic. I don't think purely Toyota content suits here. That kind of info can be red from mainstream media. And also because of majority of members being american there would be lot of talk about trucks and cars that aren't available I.e. In Europe. As an international member LE I lack of interest in such news.
I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any Toyota content. I personally liked very much the Toyota Crown article published in last year. It would be nice to see content about Toyota vehicles (and engines, etc) that directly affect the Lexus lineup. In following months I'm eager to see news about new Land Cruiser, Land Cruiser Prado/4runner/Fortuner and Harrier :)

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I love Toyota and Lexus but I come on this site for Lexus news honestly. Can Toyota have it’s own area? If not I’m totally fine with having Toyota content as there is a good amount of crossover.

GNS

Follower
Reactions
Talking about Toyota gives me better insight on some of Lexus' decisions, and associating the brand with Lexus is a big positive in my opinion, because of how reliable Toyotas are. I see no problem with talking about both Toyota/Lexus on here, as long as the majority of content is Lexus-focused with Toyota stuff only being thrown in for clarification.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Hello Lexus Enthusiasts,

@krew and I were chatting recently about adding a forum section where we can house specific Toyota-related content outside of The Garage. With the two brands being so closely related, it seems that we have a lot of forum members who follow both. In the TNGA era, there is also a lot of overlapping discussion about platforms, engines, future plans and more. Looking at the Garage, it seems like nearly half of the threads are Toyota-specific.

Would you be interested in a specific Toyota forum section on Lexus Enthusiast forums?

i love it and i would contribute... like i do already :)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Just to be clear, the Toyota content would be in a different section. Like how we have “Lexus Discussion,” “Model Discussion” and then “General Discussion,” a fourth section could be added for “Toyota Discussion.”

Thanks to those who have voted and voiced their opinions so far!

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I'm with @flexus - I like reading Toyota stuff that will directly impact Lexus models (e.g. Camry and Avalon news for hints on the ES and RX), but I'd be uneasy about messing up the great job Krew's done building the site if we opened the floodgates on Toyota.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Just to be clear, the Toyota content would be in a different section. Like how we have “Lexus Discussion,” “Model Discussion” and then “General Discussion,” a fourth section could be added for “Toyota Discussion.”

Thanks to those who have voted and voiced their opinions so far!
Since we have Lexus Lounge and Lexus Lifestyle forums already, shouldn't we follow this alliteration pattern with a Toyota Talk forum under the General Discussion heading?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
It depends on the content. I mostly discuss about powertrain and EV technology from Toyota in the Lexus section, because there is no way to avoid that: from a mechanical perspective, all Lexi are fundamentally Toyotas.

As for Toyota models and corporate related content I prefer them to stay in the Garage section.

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm with @flexus - I like reading Toyota stuff that will directly impact Lexus models (e.g. Camry and Avalon news for hints on the ES and RX), but I'd be uneasy about messing up the great job Krew's done building the site if we opened the floodgates on Toyota.

Me too. Although I am in the minority, my feeling is “Toyota” stuff needs it’s own site, not taking Krew’s time and efforts away from Lexus.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I wouldn't mind seeing that at all. However there are valid reasons both for and against this idea, so whether it comes to fruition or not doesn't bother me either way.