Please I need help on my lexus Rx 350, 2010

Reactions
Hi, my lexus Rx 350, 2010, I took out the battery and luck the cat with manual key and travel for a week, when I came back, the manual key could not open the door anymore, I managed to open the bonnet and fix the battery, but remote key could not open the door too. I changed the remote battery all the same, this is strange to me. Manual key and remote could not open the door. Please do anyone have an idea on this? Is there anyway I can fix this myself? Or is there anyway I can open my car without keys, please help thank you

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Are you saying that you cannot unlock and open the driver's door manually, with the hard, physical key in the key slot in the door? Have you tried the key in the other door (if there is a key slot in the passenger-side door)?

If this is what you are describing, I don't know what the problem is or what the solution is, other than calling a locksmith.

I can understand if the remote lock/unlock buttons do not work after you disconnected the battery: When you disconnect the battery, the computers (including central locking) are reset, and you have to reprogram the remote lock/unlock feature so that your car can recognize the key(s) again.

Reactions
Both the remote key and manual key not working. The car door is luck and non of this keys can open it.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
If the manual key does not unlock the car, I guess you need to call in a locksmith, then you need to drive it to the dealer to re-program the remote key.

Reactions
There are situations where changing the batteries of the remote control doesn't make any difference.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
There are situations where changing the batteries of the remote control doesn't make any difference.
As I understand it, when the battery in the remote key fob is changed, the fob has to be reprogrammed for the car. Some locksmiths may be able to do this but a Lexus certainly will be able to do it.

Reactions
You can search on the internet to try to open the car without a key, but I think you need to make a new key. So you have no other choice, but don't worry, many of us have been in the same situation. I can tell you with confidence that for your LEXUS RX 350 it's possible to make a Replacement key for car remotely. You only need a photo of your documents and the VIN number, so the technician will cut out a new car key for you. I also recently ordered a new key for my CAMRY , so let's see if I like it.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Is the original poster @Kenign12 still monitoring this discussion? If so what was the outcome, as this discussion is now a year-and-a-half old? Did you get into your car? How did you do it?