PHOTOS page navigation

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Hi guys.

When I accessed the PHOTOS page a couple of times already, I was looking for past photo posts. I didn't find any link, thumbnails, or wording that spoke of this. Then today by accident, I clicked on the photo of the "pic of the day" displayed (at this time the NX), and surprise, it brought me to a previous pic of the day. Clicking again brought me back to prior posts (but couldn't figure out how to go forward again...). I then noticed a chopped link "ext post in category" partially off the screen on the bottom left corner.

Consider:
- adding Next and Previous links below the "pic of the day" page (see NX pic of the day below, no links present)
or
- adding an embedded popup arrow set to navigate (arrow on the left to go forward, arrow on the right to go to past pics)
and
- adding thumbnails of the past photos... (personally this would be best so there's an immediate visual for the user to click to and navigate to past photos)

PicOfDay1.jpg PicOfDay2.jpg

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
The Photos section needs a complete overhaul, I'm not happy with it at all. Only problem, it's hard to string together the 4-5 hours I need to fix it.

Thanks for your suggestions, maybe it's just time for me to chip away at it.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
As an update, I've added an overlay navigation to the Photos section.

The next step is create a photo directory and enable photo downloads for Premium members.