Photos of my LED Bulb Replacement in Cargo Area

Reactions
After two previous failed attempts due to the wrong sized LED bulbs, I finally was able to swap out the original incandescent bulbs in the cargo area with LEDs.

It makes quite a difference in illumination. I am very happy with the results. See the before and after image below.

The LEDs I used were 28 mm, 12-SMD LED bulbs. These are replacements for DE3175 bulbs (which Mazda put in their Mazda 3 vehicles). The official lamp of the NX cargo incandescent bulb is DE3022, but the first LED bulbs I bought were much too long to fit in the cargo lamp fixture. The second bulbs were shorter in length (30mm) and were also DE3022 replacements. I thought I could make the 30mm bulbs fit, but they wouldn't. I then came to the conclusion that there is no standard length for a DE3022 bulb.

Finally, I found these (http://goo.gl/AEGNMV) on Amazon. These particular LEDs are unidirectional so that it throws all the light into the cargo area (no wasted light as in the omnidirectional LEDs).

Since this was my third attempt, I completed the cargo light conversion in less than 10 minutes.

80-cargo_lights_before_after_b176a0c269f994672d1aee32542bb5547327e9b4.png