Lexus GS Parking brake problem

Reactions
Are you referring to the function where it automatically engages when you put the vehicle in park?

Reactions
That's when I first noticed it, but in attempting to do a reset, I also tried it in manual mode with no success. The light I'm referring to is the one on the actual brake mechanism itself; however, I noticed that the indicator light in the dash does light up, and, testing the brake when in neutral, it is holding, in both the automatic as well as the manual modes so I suspect the problem is a burnt-out bulb down below, which I'll have checked at the next service date.

Reactions
Unless you are referring to the green "Auto" light, the only indicator you will see when the parking brake is engaged is on the dash. Some other Lexus models do have a separate red light that illuminates from the parking switch, but not the GS. It would appear that the function is operating as designed but it never hurts to double check with the service department.

Reactions
Unless you are referring to the green "Auto" light, the only indicator you will see when the parking brake is engaged is on the dash. Some other Lexus models do have a separate red light that illuminates from the parking switch, but not the GS. It would appear that the function is operating as designed but it never hurts to double check with the service department.
That's odd - I distinctly remember the red parking brake switch light being on. It's disappearance was what alerted me to question whether the brake was operating. Anyway, thanks for the comments - I will definitely raise the issue at my next service.