Reactions
you misunderstand me, did they specifically call that vehicle a BEV supercar? Or electric supercar?

All I will say is, based on what else I’ve heard, I’ll just say BOY that supercar and the performance sedan both have a lot of hood scoops/bulges/air intakes for pure electric vehicles.

I wonder if there’s more to these than pure BEV powertrains…
This is a quote from the presentation about the sports car.SmartSelect_20211215-090604_Chrome.jpg

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I’m going to tread carefully around translations, unless things have changed or there is something else to come, i would be very curious to see if this was pure BEV

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I’m going to tread carefully around translations, unless things have changed or there is something else to come, i would be very curious to see if this was pure BEV

i watched it more...so sports care is close to 2s 0-100kmh, 700km range and BEV.
All of the vehicle shown are pure BEV.

They expect 1m/yr BEV sales for Lexus by 2030, 100% BEV in China, Europe, USA and by 2035 100% BEV brand in the world.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
i watched it more...so sports care is close to 2s 0-100kmh, 700km range and BEV.
All of the vehicle shown are pure BEV.

They expect 1m/yr BEV sales for Lexus by 2030, 100% BEV in China, Europe, USA and by 2035 100% BEV brand in the world.

Yeah again until I see something that definitively says that I am waiting.

I am seeing it called the Electrified Coupe.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Yeah again until I see something that definitively says that I am waiting.

I am seeing it called the Electrified Coupe.

i can repeat only what is pasted all over their press releases and mentioned 1000 times in their videos - they are only talking about battery electric vehicles in that presentation, apsolutely nothing else and all the vehicles shown are battery electric. Akio Toyda says "battery electric vehicles" about 300 times.

And Lexus is BEV only brand, from 2030 in USA/EU/China, 2035 worldwide.

It is real.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
i can repeat only what is pasted all over their press releases and mentioned 1000 times in their videos - they are only talking about battery electric vehicles in that presentation, apsolutely nothing else and all the vehicles shown are battery electric. Akio Toyda says "battery electric vehicles" about 300 times.

And Lexus is BEV only brand, from 2030 in USA/EU/China, 2035 worldwide.

It is real.

With all due respect I think you have limited experience with corporate messaging, especially from Japanese firms.

I bet you if you sat down with engineers from the big firms, you’d hear them refer to types of vehicles differently that you and I do.

Until I know that battery means battery ONLY, I wouldn’t put it past them to be quite broad in their definition.

I will wait and see, I think this isn’t as clear cut as it seems.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
With 280GWh capacity and 3.5M vehicles they are expecting on average 80kWh per car.

Let me also list all the already available powertrain combinations from the four passenger car eAxles they already show on Blue Nexus:
"160e": 80kW small, RWD.
"180e": 90kW small, FWD.
"300e": 150kW, FWD or RWD, or 170kW (90+80), AWD.
"400e": 200kW, 2-speed RWD.
"450e": 230kW front-biased AWD (150+80) or 240kW rear-biased AWD (90+150).
"500e": 290kW rear-biased AWD (90+200) or 300kW balanced AWD (150+150).
"600e": 350kW rear-biased AWD (150+200).
Those numbers may be lower than maximum as limited by battery C-rate.

Just mix and match and you can get a rough idea of their full lineup in the next 5 years.

Last edited:

arrow1982

Fan
Reactions
What they say they will do, and what the customers will really buy in a couple of years may very well differ a lot. You will get the market very quickly to 60% or maybe even 70% EVs. But not all people will buy an EV.

Some people still use landline phones and internet connections.
Some people still go to a shop to buy stuff instead of Amazon.
Not all people fly with low fare airlines.
Not all people get vaccinated.
Some people only eat meat once a week...

So some people will still want a gas powered car. For whatever reason (valid or even "just cause").

So even Lexus will still sell a couple of gas powered cars. Or just miss out on a not insignificant portion of the market. Mark my words :)

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
What they say they will do, and what the customers will really buy in a couple of years may very well differ a lot. You will get the market very quickly to 60% or maybe even 70% EVs. But not all people will buy an EV.

Some people still use landline phones and internet connections.
Some people still go to a shop to buy stuff instead of Amazon.
Not all people fly with low fare airlines.
Not all people get vaccinated.
Some people only eat meat once a week...

So some people will still want a gas powered car. For whatever reason (valid or even "just cause").

So even Lexus will still sell a couple of gas powered cars. Or just miss out on a not insignificant portion of the market. Mark my words :)
All major automakers have announced that they will be going full EV by the early 2030s so if a Lexus (or Toyota) buyer cannot find a traditional ICE or ICE-Hybrid vehicle at that time, there will be few, if any, such new vehicles left.

But that said, going full EV does not mean that there will not be any traditional ICE-powered vehicles left. There will still be used ICE models left for many years afterward, and, of course, there will be almost-new 2029 ICE models (some probably never been sold) still in the dealerships, alongside the EV models.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Could the enhance RX be a heavy refresh like with the 2021 IS?
Doubt it tbh. If you look closely the body lines are different and the roofline is slightly different too as similar as it looks. For one of their best-selling models they would definitely want to move it to TNGA-K

supra93

Expert
Reactions
2u21-svx-o-s3llmp1_9x-png.5337

USD00LES121A021001.jpg