b.ba

Fan
Reactions
Digging through the newsroom pictures, this was titled as the Lexus BEV line-up (but some of these vehicles weren't displayed in other images)

I've brightened this image, and I think they subtly revealed a lot!

Starting with the back row (left to right):
- Potentially new model based on the Corolla Cross?
- Lexus UX
- Lexus NX
- Redesigned Lexus RX!!
- Lexus TX? (looks a bit like the LX and could be the GX??)
- Lexus sedan (most likely next generation ES with Direct-4?) (side profile seems pretty to the Avalon; could it be related to the next generation crown?)

Now for the front row (left to right):
- Very similar to the Lexus LC?
- Not sure about the next two, but seems inspired by the LF-1!
- Front and center looks like an awesome LFA successor :)
- Lexus Electrified sedan
- Lexus RZ
- Lexus Electrified SUV
1639472388492.png
View attachment 5332

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
They said Lexus will be 100% BEV by 2030. So the countdown starts for the last generation of gas powered F cars if there is any coming.

Clock's ticking on their hybrids too including PHVs.

Honestly I didn't expect Akio to announce this. He is a huge risk-taker.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Digging through the newsroom pictures, this was titled as the Lexus BEV line-up (but some of these vehicles weren't displayed in other images)

I've brightened this image, and I think they subtly revealed a lot!

- Lexus UX
- Lexus NX
- Redesigned Lexus RX!!
- Lexus TX? (looks a bit like the LX and could be the GX??)
- Lexus sedan (most likely next generation ES with Direct-4?) (side profile seems pretty to the Avalon; could it be related to the next generation crown?)

Now for the front row (left to right):
- Very similar to the Lexus LC?
- Not sure about the next two, but seems inspired by the LF-1!
- Front and center looks like an awesome LFA successor :)
- Lexus Electrified sedan
- Lexus RZ
- Lexus Electrified SUV
View attachment 5333
View attachment 5332

Potentially the next RX?
20211214_BEV_03 (2).jpg

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Wow, Lexus is going to make shooting brakes, the last time they made an estate/wagon was the IS SportCross, but this time they're coming back and going straight to the fancier version of the wagon body style.

I like the way Akio Toyoda responded to the smack talk about Toyota on the internet.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
They said Lexus will be 100% BEV by 2030. So the countdown starts for the last generation of gas powered F cars if there is any coming.

Clock's ticking on their hybrids too including PHVs.

Honestly I didn't expect Akio to announce this. He is a huge risk-taker.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
My favorite quote from this presentation and I hope more people get this message.
"The future will not be determined by numbers cited by the leaders, but by actions based on passion and aspirations"

Will1991

Reactions

View attachment 5333

image.png

To be completely honest, it seems a bit smaller, and more Yaris Cross proportions:

Toyota_Yaris_Cross_2-1_925x520_acf_cropped.jpg

Which goes in line with the latest bestcar rumor ( https://lexusenthusiast.com/forums/threads/rumor-lexus-considers-sub-ux-crossover.6431/post-67605 )

I believe he said 2030 for Europe, North America and China.

Last edited:

larryren

Follower
Reactions
I have put official render picture to Photoshop and maximum raise the brightenss and contrast too.
That"New RX" it like push a new generation's face to current RX. And "new ES" also like new generation face on current model.
But left side "new hatchback" and beside “New RX” 's SUV are never seen before. it maybe fully new mass production model in future....

FLGA9KKJFX2PD`5}N})~GQW.png[2U21)SVX$]O}S3LLMP1_9X.png20211214200033.png

Will1991

Reactions
Really nice work @larryren !

But after seeing those pictures, I do believe they're current models with a simpler spindle grill just to imply future Lexus lineup, that ES and RX bodies are from the current ones.

But for the first one, smaller SUV, it’s a completely new body, I don’t recognize that C-pilar from any other Toyota/Lexus! And it looks even more something Yaris Cross sized thing.
The bigger one also seems a new body, especially on C-pilar, new GX?

Benito

Fan
Reactions

But after seeing those pictures, I do believe they're current models with a simpler spindle grill just to imply future Lexus lineup, that ES and RX bodies are from the current ones.

But for the first one, smaller SUV, it’s a completely new body, I don’t recognize that C-pilar from any other Toyota/Lexus! And it looks even more something Yaris Cross sized thing.
I agree with Will, that new RX is just the current one with an NX like nose on it. I'm sure Lexus didn't want to play all their cards yet.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I agree with Will, that new RX is just the current one with an NX like nose on it. I'm sure Lexus didn't want to play all their cards yet.
I dunno, a lot of the sharp character lines from the current model are missing from the door lowers and the shoulder line. It's always possible to scrub those out with photoshop, but it matches the softer lines that we see on the '22 NX. I'd be inclined to think it is legit.

larryren

Follower
Reactions

BTW, I guess that "new RX" and "new SUV" will have non-closed up face, because front grill place are smeared artificially, and it can see "new SUV" have little bit new LX "Lexury themes" horizontal front grill design. And bodyline more closer like Highlander..... So it will be "Grand Highlander" Lexus version to replace little bit weird's RX L? 🤔😄

QQ截图20211214223704.jpg

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I need to watch the video with Audio, but did they say BEV or electrified vehicles?

Because depending on that, there may be more to these images that we are appreciating.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I need to watch the video with Audio, but did they say BEV or electrified vehicles?

Because depending on that, there may be more to these images that we are appreciating.

Well it is by 2035, and in USA, EU, China... Which makes sense.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Akio just did the Thanos Snap....

Interesting times to say the least. Wonder if TGNA platforms will only exist till 2030. I doubt they are carrying over

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Well it is by 2035, and in USA, EU, China... Which makes sense.

you misunderstand me, did they specifically call that vehicle a BEV supercar? Or electric supercar?

All I will say is, based on what else I’ve heard, I’ll just say BOY that supercar and the performance sedan both have a lot of hood scoops/bulges/air intakes for pure electric vehicles.

I wonder if there’s more to these than pure BEV powertrains…