spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Many companies are breaking records so far this year. We broke records in Q1. It's an outlier quarter. Taking long term strategy efficacy readthroughs from it is lunacy.

no, that is not true at all. Many car companies are not in a good place right now. In fact, none of other Japanese companies are in a good place at all.

When it comes to Lexus, they have started showing NX... we know TX is coming next year (they are building a factory for it), we know LX is coming this year, ES refresh was just announced.

They will not be refreshing all their vehicles in a single year.

We all want news here every day, but that is not going to happen.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
I totally get your impatience. Trust me I wish for a LC F tomorrow lol. Just stay tuned and have your check books ready 🤣

I also can’t message you. Send me a message you have a RC F and would love you at a Lexus Racing event if possible.
I need to swap my 350 for a GS f so I can be invited to cool stuff too lol

Will1991

Reactions
no, that is not true at all. Many car companies are not in a good place right now. In fact, none of other Japanese companies are in a good place at all.

When it comes to Lexus, they have started showing NX... we know TX is coming next year (they are building a factory for it), we know LX is coming this year, ES refresh was just announced.

The UX facelift should also happen latter this year... I’m curious to see if they manage to improve the biggest flaws:
-Improve the subpar Cd of 0,33
-Boot space reduction on the UX250h
-Let go that 7 inch infotainment

But I don’t have high hopes for it... Perhaps just the last one

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
The UX facelift should also happen latter this year... I’m curious to see if they manage to improve the biggest flaws:

It will be interesting to see what will happen with UX, I dont think they will do much, it is pretty fresh and engines are new. Maybe UX300e might get some improvements?

Will1991

Reactions
I would love to see it, but that’s even newer! It’s in production for only 1 year (or less)!

I’ve always struggled with the UX as a whole, I was expecting more from it for the price and also due to what is offered from other brands... Maybe I’m not being impartial about it...?!

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I would love to see it, but that’s even newer! It’s in production for only 1 year (or less)!

I’ve always struggled with the UX as a whole, I was expecting more from it for the price and also due to what is offered from other brands... Maybe I’m not being impartial about it...?!

might depend on country, but around here it is more affordable than BMW/MB of similar kind. Space in 250h sucks though - especially in e-four.

It is the same for CHR and Auris though with 2.0l hybrid engine.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

I said companies, not car companies. A lot of the autos completely screwed up on their supply chain management and got bottlenecked. Look at what Tesla and others estimated their capacity limitations cost them in terms of business. A lot of other industries have performed well off of pent up demand.

Stop covering for them. They said 20 models in coming years. They're off pace and no false narrative or fancy produced video changes that.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I said companies, not car companies. A lot of the autos completely screwed up on their supply chain management and got bottlenecked. Look at what Tesla and others estimated their capacity limitations cost them in terms of business. A lot of other industries have performed well off of pent up demand.

Stop covering for them. They said 20 models in coming years. They're off pace and no false narrative or fancy produced video changes that.

What does it matter what other industries are doing?

Why would I be covering for them? No amount of anger will make them deliver those new models 2 years ago :).
All I am saying is NX is all new, ES was just refreshed, IS is major refresh and IS500 is here, LS was refreshed, TX is being built factory for and LX is coming later this year.

There was probably never as many new things for Lexus.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions

Lexus is coming out with new and updated product. Just sit tight. ;)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
You cannot deny that @CRSKTN is right. Lexus' product cadence is way off and has been for several years. For the current situation, Toyota was uniquely positioned with a heap of chips and materials which has boosted sales because there is a shortage of availability for other vehicles... it's a bit of a bubble situation.

We have no idea how long some of these supply issues will last, but it seems to be working to Toyota's benefit. Thankfully for them, the refreshed ES as well as new NX and LX will be here soon, and next year, the RX and TX. This will help keep sales strong even when the car sales environment is back to normal.

There have definitely been problems - let's not act like there hasn't been. But it seems like they're finally about to be fixed.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
What does it matter what other industries are doing?

Why would I be covering for them? No amount of anger will make them deliver those new models 2 years ago :).
All I am saying is NX is all new, ES was just refreshed, IS is major refresh and IS500 is here, LS was refreshed, TX is being built factory for and LX is coming later this year.

There was probably never as many new things for Lexus.

NX not officially announced.
ES refresh was a non event, extremely minor
IS refresh and 500 was decent, that's one
TX nothing announced
LX nothing announced.

TFW 80% of your argument is stuff that hasn't actually materialized yet.

The point stands, not gonna argue it anymore, they're not delivering until they do.

I am rooting for them, and agree with Gecko.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Toyota was uniquely positioned with a heap of chips and materials which has boosted sales because there is a shortage of availability for other vehicles... it's a bit of a bubble situation.

not really true, they were #1 manufacturer last year in the world. They will just be bigger one this year.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
NX not officially announced.
ES refresh was a non event, extremely minor
IS refresh and 500 was decent, that's one
TX nothing announced
LX nothing announced.

TFW 80% of your argument is stuff that hasn't actually materialized yet.

The point stands, not gonna argue it anymore, they're not delivering until they do.

I am rooting for them, and agree with Gecko.

1) NX - you've already seen the leaked photos, it's almost here.
2) ES - it's still in the middle of its lifecycle, it just came out in 2019. We will probably see an exterior refresh and possibly a full change 2025-ish?
3) IS - can't wait for the IS 500 F SPORT Performance...i'm glad we're getting it.
4) TX - the US press release hinted at Lexus being built at TMMI. A new three-row SUV. Think about it, they currently build Sequoia, Highlander and Sienna there.
5) LX - You've seen leaked photos of what appears to be a 300 series Land Cruiser. LX is built alongside the LC in Tahara.

We can complain about it over and over, but it's out of our control. Honestly, there are other manufacturers out there that make cars too. If you're not willing to wait, you have other choices.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
We can complain about it over and over, but it's out of our control. Honestly, there are other manufacturers out there that make cars too. If you're not willing to wait, you have other choices.

This has me cracking up. Check out the big brain on Brad.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Any chance we get an NXF? Not trying to be picky but really we can't have a bigger engine SUV? Pretty crazy.....

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions

It will be interesting to see what will happen with UX, I dont think they will do much, it is pretty fresh and engines are new. Maybe UX300e might get some improvements?

I don't think that they can do much during a facelift.

Improving the drag coefficient (Cd) to any great extent probably cannot be done without major changes to the shape (meaning sheet metal changes), and lowering the vehicle with smaller-diameter tires (which would effectively change the UX from a SUV to a hatchback).

Improving the boot space to any great extent is probably not possible either. I have come to believe that a small boot size is a characteristic of the FWD TNGA-C and TNGA-K platforms. The vehicles I have seen built on these platforms all have a rather shallow boot space. Add an electric drive motor back there and it gets even smaller. Increasing boot space will probably require changes to make the (independent multi-link) rear suspension less bulky.

Increasing the size of the infotainment system should be relatively easy, however.