bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
The thing for me is, if this is the route the ES takes, they need much more than just a 300h and 350. Yes the base A6 is a FWD, CVT equipped, 4 cylinder car. Well they offer the amazing S6 and overseas the RS6. That provides a big halo for those base cars.

The new E class has tons of different engine choices with the madman E63 S launched.

BMW just launched the M5 which looks amazing on paper. Even without going that far, the M550 is a 0-60 in UNDER 4 SECONDS car!

Will Lexus upgrade the F-Sport program to finally add more power and not just cosmetic, handling changes? Or more of the same?

Very good point.
There is no way the ES can fill in for the GS. The IS is the only Lexus car that can do that and that means LWB IS in North America.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
I don't know
Also will they kill the GX or leave it body on frame or reinvent it as RWD sport SUV aka Cayenne so as the LX to be the body on frame flagship, the GX the unibody RWD flagship and the RX as the mid???

also as I told before thois guy from lexus ausie didn't say to us what body type the GS will be, it may turn as the crazy back 6 GT not the 4 doors coupe 6 GC we always want

Its crazy this point you made might just be the reason for the RXL.

and I hate the BMW GT shape

mikeavelli

Reactions
Very good point.
There is no way the ES can fill in for the GS. The IS is the only Lexus car that can do that and that means LWB IS in North America.

As a Lexus optimist does this possibly mean?
IS F comes back
ES F (M5 etc fighter)
GS F (RS7/CLS etc fighter)
LC F (GT figther)
LS F (S63/S8 fighter)

I cannot lie its hard for me to even think about a ES F tacking the best from Germany. That said if Audi can do it surely Lexus can.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
regarding the point of the 6 GT based on an executive who said this early this year that Lexus brand need a station

regarding the point of the 2 flagships was been talking about from one executive also regarding how much the lineup need production LF-X

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
No way
LWB IS
Lexus never did it even for china and deleted the double wheel base lengths in this new LS

I know. My point is, IS is the only Lexus Model that can conveniently fill the vacuum that would be created if the GS wont compete in the midsize department anymore. And for that to happen the IS would need to grow in size.

mikeavelli

Reactions
regarding the point of the 6 GT based on an executive who said this early this year that Lexus brand need a station

regarding the point of the 2 flagships was been talking about from one executive also regarding how much the lineup need production LF-X

Hmmmm. so the GS maybe offers a 4 door coupe and a wagon? :D Now that would be awesome!

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I am really interested in what Lexus is going to do. I just started some preliminary research on a new car in the next year or so but I just feel like the IS/GS is behind. I want that extra power on the IS/GS without having to get a full F (can't afford the F otherwise no issues here). I mean you can get a S4 for like 60k and it is sub 4.5 seconds I think. And the ES like most have said here is not sporty enough and needs a big change to try and fight the 5 series and A6. I can't see how the GS could actually leave but they need to improve like yesterday.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions

article said:
At a certain point of time, the traditional, square, three-box sedan will go away,” Fukuichi said.

A moot point, IMO. Traditional three-box sedans actually went out the window years ago........almost all of the sedans nowadays (at least those sold in the American market) are essentially 4-door coupes.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
No way
LWB IS
Lexus never did it even for china and deleted the double wheel base lengths in this new LS

There doesn't need to be a LWB IS. Lexus could just make the next IS bigger and share platform with the next Mark X to reduce cost, problem solved. China doesn't even need the SWB versions any more so all new Lexus models could just be oversized by default.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Lexus GS F

Gazoo Racing will also have a relationship with Lexus’s F performance division going forward. Tomayama said that GR is already involved with developing a new Lexus GS F. What’s unclear is whether he’s referring to an F variant of a next-generation GS or merely an updated version of the current GS F. Considering recent rumors that the GS will not live on to see another generation, we tend to lean toward the latter.

As with the Supra, Tomayama explained, rear-end grip is an important aspect of the new GS F’s dynamics. He said that the new car needs to be lighter to achieve the playful feel GR is aiming for. We measured the current GS F at a relatively svelte 4128 pounds (that’s 261 pounds lighter than the last Audi S6 we tested), so we’re curious to see how Lexus might achieve this goal.

https://blog.caranddriver.com/toyot...reet-cars-including-supra-and-new-lexus-gs-f/

Gazoo is now involved in tuning the Lexus “F” models, specifically the next-generation GS-F.

“We are looking at what kind of target audience the car has, what tone and manner, how much understeer and oversteer balance,”Tomoyama said. “The cars have to run faster, and that tuning is already (in place). Even within Lexus, we may have different models which have different tuning.”

As for whether Gazoo Racing will make specific inroads into the U.S. market, Tomoyama said that the brand will not interfere with the existing Toyota Racing Development group.

“TRD is a brand of parts, a customization brand. Gazoo Racing ranges from development of a car in production to sales. Of course, customization is part of Gazoo Racing. But Gazoo is going to launch a very pure sports vehicle in the future, and then you will know difference between GR and other companies.”

But for now, Gazoo is focused on the European and Japanese markets, where endurance and rally racing are more popular. In eyeing the American market, Gazoo is in early talks with folks interested in NASCAR and the IndyCar series.

But anyone lusting for a Gazoo Camry will have to wait a while, Tomoyama said: “We would rather launch a sports car with a dedicated special platform.”

http://www.motortrend.com/news/toyota-plotting-next-generation-of-sports-cars/

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
@Carmaker1
But this rendering is a 3 box normal sedan, which we all even you agreed before that it must not be as it will interfere more with the new ES

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
@Carmaker1
But this rendering is a 3 box normal sedan, which we all even you agreed before that it must not be as it will interfere more with the new ES

who knows what might or might not be at all. It is quite possible that they only saw front and used that for rendering, and old back (it looks like old back in there, or actually facelifted one).

It is pretty clear that in article above, Gazoo is talking about next gen GS-F, so there will be next GS and GS-F

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
As time goes on, I see the clearer case for the GS to be delayed, but return as an ultra-dramatic 4 door coupe with a sport cross variant. We've been talking about it here for a while, but it makes more and more sense.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
As time goes on, I see the clearer case for the GS to be delayed, but return as an ultra-dramatic 4 door coupe with a sport cross variant. We've been talking about it here for a while, but it makes more and more sense.

Fact that they are talking about it now as next F means that it is done deal and coming soon.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
anigif_enhanced-buzz-11897-1373658610-11.gif