sl0519

Follower
Reactions
If Lexus makes the GS a slightly downmarket sedan version of the LC, the same concept-car styling in sedan/liftback form. That's the only way that the GS will be differentiated from the ES.

I really hope this is the case, a 4 door LC sounds like a perfect solution. Can we expect a prototype on the road really soon? I recall there's one article saying the development of the new GS was secretly planned under the code 300b but since then no one has ever brought it up again :confused:

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Sorry, but so has the BMW 5-series and 3-series, but both of the models have practicalities like foldable rear seats(sedan 3 and 5), they both come in estate versions(both with foldable rear seats) and last but not least, their very practical yet sporty GT-models. So I am sorry but you were wrong about this
For what you need the ES is available for that job(The bmw does not have another mid class vehicle like lexus so it's understandable). Also the 5 and 3 series GT models are two verhy ugly cars and I hope Lexus don't make that mistake. And they are so big they might as well call them SUVs. If you want practicality I would prefer it to be a wagon.

Reactions
Hey all, sorry for bumping this thread. Like many of you guys I am quite worried in regards to the future of the GS. Is there ANY new news about it? I've searched everything including the program that the GS will be developed under but found nothing. I just don't want the GS to go. :pensive:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Hey all, sorry for bumping this thread. Like many of you guys I am quite worried in regards to the future of the GS. Is there ANY new news about it? I've searched everything including the program that the GS will be developed under but found nothing. I just don't want the GS to go. :pensive:

Its been quiet.... couple of people talked to me about it but it seemed so vague....

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
The GM at my Lexus dealership says that the word is not good for the future of the GS; they are looking elsewhere. vague, but the message is clear

James

Founding Member
Reactions
It is sad. I love my GS (wish it was the GSF...) it has its faults but if it could be anything like the new LS it would be so sick. I’m still hopeful but idk...

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
It is sad. I love my GS (wish it was the GSF...) it has its faults but if it could be anything like the new LS it would be so sick. I’m still hopeful but idk...

very sympathic! I've owned 3 GSs and was looking forward to a new GS generation... maybe there is still hope.

Reactions
Then if that's the case...... what is the point of the 300B program then? What always agitates me is that why are Toyota/Lexus so tight lipped about everything? Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Jaguar, Volvo. All of these are examples of companies who don't leave their fans/potential buyers in the dark in regards to their future products. I don't know about you guys, but this behavior from Toyota/Lexus has always made me want to look at other manufacturers. That being said, I am one MASSIVE supporter of Lexus/Toyota. What are they going to lose if they tell us about whats coming, or show some teasers to us?

EDIT: I really want a new GS. I would definitely purchase one if they actually put effort and bring it more to the spotlight. I think the problem is the dealers. Many of you guys have mentioned that dealers have pulled many GS buyers and slapped them into an ES. On this side I don't blame Lexus here. It is the fault of the dealers.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Then if that's the case...... what is the point of the 300B program then? What always agitates me is that why are Toyota/Lexus so tight lipped about everything? Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Jaguar, Volvo. All of these are examples of companies who don't leave their fans/potential buyers in the dark in regards to their future products. I don't know about you guys, but this behavior from Toyota/Lexus has always made me want to look at other manufacturers. That being said, I am one MASSIVE supporter of Lexus/Toyota. What are they going to lose if they tell us about whats coming, or show some teasers to us?

totally agree about that. we aren't treated well with all this BS secrecy.

there is a certain elitism that simply isn't warranted

Reactions
totally agree about that. we aren't treated well with all this BS secrecy.

there is a certain elitism that simply isn't warranted

I wholeheartedly agree with that. I have reason to believe that they are fine with us waiting because we waited so many times before, and we always made do with what they came out with because we loved how they were reliable, dependable and safe. Nothing else. Now that we want better things in our Toyota/Lexus vehicles it will take them forever to do it because they are scared for the lack of sales if they poorly execute it. They don't release new cars because of buyers demand (only examples I can currently think of is the new Toyota Supra and the addition of ACP), they only do when they are forced to (ie. if they start to lose money). Like many people in this forum have said, bean counters (while they are a very nice thing for the company and always took care of finances) are the bane of Toyota/Lexus.

EDIT: I digressed, if anyone has new info on the GS, please shed some light :sob:

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Come on Lexus you have promised new models and so far really nothing just a few updates and new bumpers etc.
The front of this GS rendering to my conservative mind is just too much so if this is the model to come i personally hope they tone it down.
Toyota Avalon already launched why the delay then in the ES? It is really due for an update and the replacement for the Ct is this fact or fiction?

Reactions
krew
17-07-17-lexus-gs-f-next-gen.jpg

View the original article post

IMO, artist has nailed the latest Lexus design ethos on its head with this rendering! Hopefully the next GS doesn’t alienate trad Lexus buyers who like to prioritize understated luxury, refinement and elegance over sportiness and brash expressions of aggression. Lol!

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions

EDIT: I really want a new GS. I would definitely purchase one if they actually put effort and bring it more to the spotlight. I think the problem is the dealers. Many of you guys have mentioned that dealers have pulled many GS buyers and slapped them into an ES. On this side I don't blame Lexus here. It is the fault of the dealers.

True, but on the other hand German endless teasing, is not a good thing either: with heavy camo, with light camo, accurate photo-shop, in darkness, only one detail in light, profile shot without details, without camo with shadow, low resolution deformed 'leak', small sized 'leak' on only one side but not flattering spec, small size 'leak' of interior, finally small size 'leak' of all the rest, final official teaser, high resolution official photos, one month late additional high resolution photos of special spec, final sales images of low-spec boring production cars, new accessories shots, etc....

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
...if anyone has new info on the GS, please shed some light :sob:

I talked with two different sales people at two different dealers in the last month - one indicated that they had been informed the GS was dead while the other said “they had heard nothing official”. I am going to be both heartbroken and mightily pissed if Lexus doesn’t bring out a new one.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
This situation makes me remember 7 years ago when a lot of rumors said that there won't be next generation Avalon

Now the first gen. after the rumors are just done and we already start seeing the second gen.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
TI don't know about you guys, but this behavior from Toyota/Lexus has always made me want to look at other manufacturers. That being said, I am one MASSIVE supporter of Lexus/Toyota. What are they going to lose if they tell us about whats coming, or show some teasers to us?

Because Car Acquisition Syndrome (C.A.S.) is a relatively rare disease. An overwhelming amount of car buyers don't care what's coming next and a corporation the size of TMC really doesn't want to tease people too early so they stop buying current models. Well, people care when new model is about to hit market because that's when they get the best deals out of the current one, but dealers and car companies don't like selling their products cheap.

Breathe, calm down, quell your inner urge to buy/lease the next hottest car and you'll feel fine. I've waited for the 'next perfect ES' for a decade since buying the perfect XV40 ES350: I know it's a hard struggle. I once regretted not having the guts to go for the GS460 but I imagine it would be much more painful to wait for the 'next good GS'.