spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I assume that LQ will be a bit bigger than RX, but it should also have a bit less space overall.... think of it more of Coupe SUV than 7 seater.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Did you mean to post this link?

An SUV with new LS styling will look killer.

He asked about a sedan, and the LS is the sedan version of the LF-1, so thats why I posted the link. LS, LC and LF-1 will all be a bit of a flagship family for Lexus, all unibody, all on GA-L, same hardware and powertrains, etc.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
He asked about a sedan, and the LS is the sedan version of the LF-1, so thats why I posted the link. LS, LC and LF-1 will all be a bit of a flagship family for Lexus, all unibody, all on GA-L, same hardware and powertrains, etc.

dont forget about LX, even if not on same platform... it will still be flagship family, probably all with that v8tt, eventually.

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Lexus and Toyota take their time to produce excellent cars and the majority of us on this forum know this and understand and appreciate this fact.
The others Lincoln, Caddy, BMW etc really are not in the same class of product. They are shiny and fast but that is not what Lexus is about imo.
Lexus make solid safe and really good motor cars that will last a lifetime and still operate like the day you took delivery of your car and that to me is the secret of success of this brand and i for one would like less pressure put on them to rush to production. The range is good as it is make no mistake and comes with an unmistakable air of quality and refinement.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Lexus and Toyota take their time to produce excellent cars and the majority of us on this forum know this and understand and appreciate this fact.
The others Lincoln, Caddy, BMW etc really are not in the same class of product. They are shiny and fast but that is not what Lexus is about imo.
Lexus make solid safe and really good motor cars that will last a lifetime and still operate like the day you took delivery of your car and that to me is the secret of success of this brand and i for one would like less pressure put on them to rush to production. The range is good as it is make no mistake and comes with an unmistakable air of quality and refinement.
Agree but can't we have a little more HP under the hood...

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Yeah LX is a V8TT and RX size is LX but V6TT and V6TT hybrid probably as they are now with 290hp v6 and 308hp hybrid v6.
I don't mean to offend you but are you a bot? Because many of your posts are a random combination of "car model"+"engine layout"+"power figures"+"time of release", many of which don't make sense and have nothing to do with the thread. It looks very similar to an AI algorithm that is trying to learn natural language by analyzing people's conversations and combining the elements.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
LQ is the name of this Toyota EV…
Why does the media still think it is the final name of LF-1 limitless?
FE12F645-B909-4950-BD25-23BC1DC2DFF8.jpeg

Reactions
I don't mean to offend you but are you a bot? Because many of your posts are a random combination of "car model"+"engine layout"+"power figures"+"time of release", many of which don't make sense and have nothing to do with the thread. It looks very similar to an AI algorithm that is trying to learn natural language by analyzing people's conversations and combining the elements.
Hello ssun30! I saw your message. Please read this with due respect to be honest, if you don't like my comments, please don't read it, even if the person is joking with you, the answer is no one, the only person has the double meaning of the questions and explanations about Complain in the comments about learning natural language by analyzing the conversations of people who make the least sense because that is not the case. Are we talking about the ELA class? It doesn't matter how the person writes in the comments. We are a public page about news, future and effect of cars, not from ELA!
Human can make mistakes and it is normal and you also make mistakes, right? Look at you please! Oh! On the other hand, if I said something negative or said something wrong or offended, tell me and I'll fix it for whoever. I'm talking about people's conversations about the best the car brand can do with the engine, the power under the hood that a Toyota can do with its luxury brand, and the best way it drives as hard as a (brand deluxe). real as announced when the company came out in 1989), for example, since the ES 350 can choose a 3.5 and 2.0T v6 engine with optional FWD and with both engines they can debut as a luxury sports car as people want that options in that car (ES) and hybrids can also do it with engines with high performance inclusion with the desired fuel efficiency people and you want to increase the power and probably the natural expired high performance hybrid RX can come 3.5TT v6 e even a 3.5TT v6 hybrid with the platform, maybe the new tundra that will come out to share some of the Toyota models of the platform that uses the Lexus and a v8TT will be able to test with the platform as advertised with the 4.0TT v8 It is the LX that can be brutal, in my opinion, it can be ultra luxurious like (LS) with a 7-seat SUV and maybe a little more, but if you and we from the rumors of those coming soon and in the future. But cars are coming may be interesting to you, for example, and if you want to understand better, learn to study the writings of others, even if this is right or wrong, yours and my problems, and I mean locu As today in day is using technology and features are coming out in cars and ect. To get back to the high-performance sports car and Toyota and UX 200 with FWD and AWD in 2.0T, I like them to do something cool like the NX in 2021 and many reasons why they can do crazy things with their really fun competitors and I have no problem against anything and no one is just curious about the features that come as a Lexus sense and the least sense is you because all Lexus enthusiasts include curiosity wishes as I said with a Toyota Luxury brand Lexus thanks and have a nice day. And yes, it makes sense Toyota LQ is also an LQ in Lexus because Lexus is the son of the brand (Toyota) and the same as Honda NSX 1990-2005 as with the Acura NSX also makes sense for the parent brand. You have a good day!

Lexucator

Fan
Reactions
You are absolutely correct, Rob, which is why both Toyota and Lexus continue to have such a following. It’s part of the reason why I was drawn to Lexus. That having been said, both have rested a little too much on their laurels and not focused on passion and design, until recently. Critics have often called Toyota out in this regard. Thankfully, things appear to be changing. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but many of Toyota’s newest products look fantastic. I have never been a fan of the Avalon, but I love the design of the newest generation. The Toyota Camry and Corolla look great again.
Looking at Toyota’s and Lexus’ future products, the passion for design and performance appear to be there. I just read this week that Toyota is bringing a high performance version of the Corolla hatch Stateside, the GR. Brings me back to the days of my youth when the Corolla FX hatch was sold here in the U.S., along with other cool niche products. Passion sells and both Toyota and Lexus need this to stay relevant. Even if they make some of the most reliable automobiles, SUVs, and trucks in the market.

Last edited:
Reactions
The only issue I feel is that their methodical Toyota approach to the luxury car segment is turning off buyers because the products are not as new. US luxury car buyers lease their vehicles, and don't hold on to them for the lifetime. If you buy a Lexus used and depreciated, than that's where you reap most of its benefits.

It may not matter to the "Lexus buyer" but for the dealership, the luster is lost when past buyers have gone elsewhere for their next vehicle to lease or have simply bought their last vehicle because of age. Other manufacturers can change, even Lincoln and Cadillac. Lincoln is not at the level of Lexus, BUT they are able to sell more 90K-100K Navigators than a Lexus dealer sells LXs because they invested in the vehicle and sell more competitively against the Range Rover, while the formidable LX isn't as appealing to its target audience because of its age.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
The only issue I feel is that their methodical Toyota approach to the luxury car segment is turning off buyers because the products are not as new. US luxury car buyers lease their vehicles, and don't hold on to them for the lifetime. If you buy a Lexus used and depreciated, than that's where you reap most of its benefits.

It may not matter to the "Lexus buyer" but for the dealership, the luster is lost when past buyers have gone elsewhere for their next vehicle to lease or have simply bought their last vehicle because of age. Other manufacturers can change, even Lincoln and Cadillac. Lincoln is not at the level of Lexus, BUT they are able to sell more 90K-100K Navigators than a Lexus dealer sells LXs because they invested in the vehicle and sell more competitively against the Range Rover, while the formidable LX isn't as appealing to its target audience because of its age.
One relatively easy way around this, IMO, is to offer a more robust mid-model change (between fully-re-engineered full-model changes), like the Germans do. Offer more than just a facelift of slightly changed grille and taillights, more like what Toyota did with the squarish last-generation (XV50) Camry for North America, when most body panels were changed; it looked like a new Camry.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
One relatively easy way around this, IMO, is to offer a more robust mid-model change (between fully-re-engineered full-model changes), like the Germans do. Offer more than just a facelift of slightly changed grille and taillights, more like what Toyota did with the squarish last-generation (XV50) Camry for North America, when most body panels were changed; it looked like a new Camry.

I've been saying the refreshes need to be embodied in more meaningful upgrade packages on cars. The "F" treatment shouldn't be the only significant "version" you can buy. You could even do year-limited packages with color combos or interior treatments. Make sure you try and retrofit for software improvements if you can. The mid-life refresh should let you make it a different vehicle at a cost, or settle for a facelift at the existing price.

Reactions
True, what Toyota gave the 7th Gen Camry was a little more time until the 8th gen, but I think that was more a significant MMC than usual because of the criticism they got when it first came out for 2012. It was a desperate attempt to shed the 'beige' image.

For the IS and GS, the infotainment was already compromised and less competitive; even now, it hasn't been updated much. To me, that drove more buyers away as Toyota shied away from the adoption of Carplay/Android Auto that probably should've happened in 2016 when both were last revised (the IS was also revised for MY20). OTOH, the RC got the new radio setup in 2018, and that was easily upgraded with a download for Carplay, as did the MY18 LC, LS and NX.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
TMC is clearly a market driven company, and they bring to market when they make money, that sometimes use marketing which shows it has value if applied in the right way (LFA, IS F, 86, RC, LC, Supra). They now come with worthy PHEV because they know they'll sell them for a profit, same is happening with BEVs. They have to focus on infotainment and now they show they do, because unfortunately is has become very important for consumers and can be a deal breaker if the customer is not satisfied.

I remember talks of Linux based infotainment system, where is it? It would be grear, it would could open the door to custom in-car operating systems. I don't like what makers do, I would want my custom one, as a can customize my PC operation system, including graphical UI.

I have driven with Audi's virtual cockpit, worst thing ever, total information overload, so much useless redundancy, just terrible. I doubt new BMW iDrive or Mercedes thing is any better. Even old unintuitive infotainment systems appear to be better than what is done today. Smartphone also are terribly cluttered. Quite a paradox how 'minimalism' got so 'cluttered'.

Last edited: