No "Edit" feature for your post?

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
It seems that after a period of time or other condition, the Edit link disappears for a post one makes. Is this by design? If not, I'd recommend it be available in case the poster needs to correct his/her post for either a typo or other reason.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Thanks for all the suggestions, they're all great ideas.

After discussing with the moderators, I've bumped the edit time up from 5 minutes to 30 minutes.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Is there any chance the opportunity to edit or delete faulty posts could be indefinite?

I'll definitely take the idea into consideration, but you can always contact me or a fellow moderator to remove a post as well.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Krew, will you consider adding an "edit" function for comments on front page stories?

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I'm new to this forum, but that was one of the first things I've noticed, too. If you make a typo or other posting error, and you want to go back and correct (edit) it, it only allows you to to that for around 30 minutes.

Just out of curiosity....is that done to prevent someone from posting one thing, and then later claiming that he or she said something else?