Nissan Says It Will Never Give Up On The Skyline, However...

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Rumours are floating that Nissan is reportedly ready to abandon (ICE-powered) sedans in Japan (but will continue developing and building them for markets outside of Japan). But Nissan denies this, saying that it will continue to build the Skyline (also sold as the Infiniti Q50).

The rumours supposedly confirm the report from last year that Infiniti would go the way of Acura and be transformed into "Nissan-Plus", with far fewer RWD models for Infiniti.

This first article was updated after Nissan denied the original rumours that it would abandon development of all sedans in Japan. The second article includes both sides of the story.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Isn't the update to the Z more of major facelift rather than a full model change? The changes made to the coupe may not have been suitable for the sedan.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
They'll drag out their FM platform until the end of time lol, but seriously though this FM platform is a relic and it wasn't even all that good to begin with, all the cars built on this platform are known to be front heavy understeer machines.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Infiniti has rarely made money for the brand. I assume it’s on the chopping block especially since they are not gonna invest in it.

Crazy to think they were going to go with an electric strategy years before anyone not Tesla. They should have stuck with that initial choice.

Last edited:

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
1689135182630.png

Guess Nissan isn't done just yet with the Skyline, this leaked and is supposed to debut sometime in August (?) at least that's when the video was meant to premiere before he pulled it.

I'm assuming this will be sharing some suspension/chassis upgrade parts with the upcoming RZ34 Nismo, allowing Nissan to justify making a Skyline Nismo.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
1691458566698.png
1691458621851.png1691458663154.png1691458672877.png
1691458868207.png

Nismo Skyline was just revealed.. comes with the typical upgrades you'd expect.. Stiffer suspension and upgraded brakes, styling kit, and 420hp like the Z Nismo.. also a "Nismo Limited" that has it's engine handbuilt at the GTR factory.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Still looks good after all these years IMO.
It's gorgeous.. beautiful sculpting and surfacing. This design language introduced with the Essence Concept of 2009 has been one of the best.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I love it. The Infiniti name/brand and Q50 is damaged goods. They should just bring this in as a Nissan Skyline here. Sadly this will likely stay a Nissan in Japan.

It is very draining the Q60/ Skyline coupe NISMO will never happen.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I love it. The Infiniti name/brand and Q50 is damaged goods. They should just bring this in as a Nissan Skyline here. Sadly this will likely stay a Nissan in Japan.

It is very draining the Q60/ Skyline coupe NISMO will never happen.
You will take the overweight Z Nismo and be happy... jk. I am not happy about that, should've just had a performance Q60 instead.

mikeavelli

Reactions
You will take the overweight Z Nismo and be happy... jk. I am not happy about that, should've just had a performance Q60 instead.

It’s wild that they finally do a NISMO after they can the coupe. At least Nissan understands the value in this brand. My guilty pleasure is the Patrol NISMO…

today i was hanging with this…

IMG_1663.jpegIMG_1664.jpegIMG_1664.jpeg

Reactions
LOL after all of the 500+/600+ horsepower Eau Rouge/Concept Black S concept cars spanning over a decade this is what they finally release. 🤣🤣

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I bet the most of that`extra price you'll pay for over the regular Skyline/Q60 goes to the body kit and nismo branding lol.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
LOL after all of the 500+/600+ horsepower Eau Rouge/Concept Black S concept cars spanning over a decade this is what they finally release. 🤣🤣

Black S was never going to be reality since Nissan had common sense (it happens sometimes) to come to conclusion there is no enough room for two GT-Rs.