Next Lexus BEV discussion

amoschen7

Fan
Reactions
We all know that Lexus launched UX300e as their first BEV product but it’s still a test water product.
I believe the sales is quite moderate - as compared to the BMW i3 when it was launched.
But China and EU market is introducing more and more strict rules on emission - especially in China where the 8AR equipped NX is already discontinued due to the emission rating mechanism.
So how will Lexus position it’s next step on BEV? An electrified TNGA-K to enable ES 300e / NX 300e? Or is it possible to introduce the more exotic electrified GA-L or even complete new electrical platform as the MEB one? Interested to learn more voices :)

Will1991

Reactions
Toyota already have a dedicated BEV platform that will share (to some extent) with Lexus, Suzuki, Subaru, Mazda... This will certainly achieve volume as soon as possible.

For Lexus specially, we already have the RZ450e trademark, clearly signaling a all-electric Lexus. There’re some discussions here, but after time we end up betting on a coupe crossover - SUV

As for the UX300e, it seems a good, well built and dependable BEV but it’s quite pricy... When it was launched (or announced for Europe), Lexus didn’t had any real competition but now there is the cheaper, higher announced range, faster (CCS) charging but slightly less powerful and worse warranty EQA250 so IMO Lexus will need some incentives to move it in Europe.

If I’m not mistaken, Lexus stated this current UX300e is the only BEV not built on a dedicated platform they will ever build.

amoschen7

Fan
Reactions
Toyota already have a dedicated BEV platform that will share (to some extent) with Lexus, Suzuki, Subaru, Mazda... This will certainly achieve volume as soon as possible.

For Lexus specially, we already have the RZ450e trademark, clearly signaling a all-electric Lexus. There’re some discussions here, but after time we end up betting on a coupe crossover - SUV

As for the UX300e, it seems a good, well built and dependable BEV but it’s quite pricy... When it was launched (or announced for Europe), Lexus didn’t had any real competition but now there is the cheaper, higher announced range, faster (CCS) charging but slightly less powerful and worse warranty EQA250 so IMO Lexus will need some incentives to move it in Europe.

If I’m not mistaken, Lexus stated this current UX300e is the only BEV not built on a dedicated platform they will ever build.
So maybe we will witness the return of BEV GS using the new BEV platform that looks like Mirai2?

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Interesting that the Taycan engineers still mention that the PTV+ in the Taycan is 10x faster than conventional torque vectoring systems.

I have decided to relax my tri-motor requirement and just go with a good rear axle torque vectoring set up. If Porsche can do it, so can Toyota haha. I guess what matters is that the rear wheels are spun by the electric motor so the PTV+ is still much faster than those in other Porsche vehicles.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
That's 4am Eastern next week.

Toyota is today giving a small glimpse of its upcoming X prologue.

Please join us online at www.x-prologue.com on Wednesday 17th March at 10:00 CET to see the full reveal.