Next-Generation Lexus SC Flagship Coupe to Debut Next Year?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-04-07-lexus-sc-rendering-car-driver-400x200.jpg

The latest issue of Car & Driver has new information on the rumored Lexus SC coupe based on the LF-LC concept.
View the original article post

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
I'm really excited even though it's way out of my price point. I'm curious to know what other models Lexus will have on that platform, SC, LS and what next?

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Curious that Car and Driver would refer to this as an SC when Toyota/Lexus has, in fact, registered the LC 500 and LC 500h trademarks for, seemingly, this very vehicle.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Can't wait Lexus I love what you are doing with the new aggressive models but keeping the Lexus reliability and prestige. Great news for Lexus!

Reactions
Next year couldn't come any sooner!

Lexus release the LS in the end of the year??? And the SC/LC released in Detroit?
Lexus is going to be even more exciting in the coming months

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Bring it on Lexus. It will be a one two punch with the RC and SC coupes that will take on the 4 Series and 6 Series baby...

PTien

Fan
Reactions
Would be interesting to see the engine choice and to see if there will be a new transmission for such a high segment vehicle.

ACEtheOG

Founding Member
Reactions
This mystery V8TT motor should be powering the GS-F. Maybe there is hope for the on-again-off-again rumor of F brand's equivalent of AMG's Black Series. 550+HP RC-F / IS-F (Since we are all expressing wishful thinking here :D) variants and 650+HP GS-F / LS / SC variants please!

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Curious that Car and Driver would refer to this as an SC when Toyota/Lexus has, in fact, registered the LC 500 and LC 500h trademarks for, seemingly, this very vehicle.
Agree on the naming anomaly but I definitely prefer if the SC moniker is used and the history and following it carries for this new halo GT.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
So krew, what are the chances you think of both the production LF-LC and next-gen LS debuting next year? They'd have to be spaced far apart in terms of release and reveals in order to garner maximum attention for each one. Is the next-gen LS that close to being ready?

Well hard to tell at this point. Toyota and Lexus in the past have trademarked various names/designations, only to not use them in production. It's a 50/50 chance IMHO in terms of whether the SC designation or the LC designation will be used for the production vehicle.

Of course a lot of Lexus fans, myself included, would prefer SC because it would continue the SC lineage and heritage. It would also make sense, as each SC generation so far has been uniquely stylish, and also upmarket. So this production vehicle being a Benz SL competitor, it would make sense to designate it as an SC. The SC historically was an SL competitor.

Also if Lexus chooses to use SC, then technically they could save the LC designation for future use, for an even *higher end* coupe, with a 100K+ base price.