Reactions
I believe Ben Afflack had one too. The LS 600h L was cool for people who wanted power and some MPG (relatively speaking) and luxury. The current LS 500 went after more MPG using a V-6 instead of a V-8 for more power and MPG.

I think your point with DUB, etc just shows how saturated it got with cars. I agree that Chrysler/Gilles nailed it initially with the 300C/Magnum etc and even today has a buzz with their SRT/Hellcat etc cars. To be honest, on a personal level, I didn't realize how much Hip-Hop loved American muscle until recently.

Going back to Lexus, I think a bigger LX L or whatever with the usual grille and a hybrid offering would be a welcome addition and maybe bring some attention to the LC and LS. As we all know people love big luxury SUV's.
Hip hop loves cars like the LX bodies and muscle because their cars are more attainable by their community. Of course, it did help that rappers were driving them in videos and athletes also bought them. Lexus vehicles hold their value well, so that would preclude them from selling as many IS, GS & LS on the lower used end, at least the more current ones. OTOH, Chryslers tend to depreciate more, so that's why I see so many of those 300/Chargers, sadly, on the buy here-pay here lots (payin' 20% interest on a 84 mo loan).

That is true. Not just to the hip hop community, but to mainstream luxury buyers, a bigger LX would be more competitive against the Escalade, Navigator and RR than what the LX is now.

Last edited:

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Hip-hop's pretty much always loved American muscle. In the early 90s every video had a '64 Impala or similar big Detroit boat with the curb feelers and hydraulics.

And of course Eazy's "rollin' in my 6-4".

Reactions
I believe Ben Afflack had one too. The LS 600h L was cool for people who wanted power and some MPG (relatively speaking) and luxury. The current LS 500 went after more MPG using a V-6 instead of a V-8 for more power and MPG.

I think your point with DUB, etc just shows how saturated it got with cars. I agree that Chrysler/Gilles nailed it initially with the 300C/Magnum etc and even today has a buzz with their SRT/Hellcat etc cars. To be honest, on a personal level, I didn't realize how much Hip-Hop loved American muscle until recently.

Going back to Lexus, I think a bigger LX L or whatever with the usual grille and a hybrid offering would be a welcome addition and maybe bring some attention to the LC and LS. As we all know people love big luxury SUV's.
Talking about lx. Lx will come with twin turbo v6, twin turbo hybrid v6 and v8 twin turbo maybe will be LX-F. And LS with v8 again with twin turbo is branded LS-F and LC500 with turbo LC-F maybe GS-F and RC-F including. All F performance will be v8 with twin turbo updated. IS-F will comeback but we don’t know is v6 or v8 twin turbo as a base F performance maybe will be v6 with maybe more boost.