maiaramdan

Admirer
Reaction score
Sedan, coupe (something like BMW 4 GC) and wagon?
What I was thinking about is
1) why not making the RC as a true IS coupe.
2 why not switching the NX to FR and make it from the next generation IS family.

this will make the "I" family a total full family
sedan
coupe
4dr coupe
wagon
may be high wagon "allroad" style
cuv

CT200h

Fan
Reaction score
Well NY auto show is cancelled so obviously lexus will need to do some sort of online reveal.

CRSKTN

Follower
Reaction score

Rumor seems to be the next full model refresh for the IS is out a ways, so another model refresh is to be expected, maybe punctuated with a new IS F to replace the GS F to give people something to hold them over until a full refresh?

Courtesy of Google Translate:

LEXUS / IS F
■ Expected to appear around October 2020

The IS F that was in the predecessor model is scheduled to be finally added by a minor change in 2020 (CG illustrations were created by the best cars)
The current IS, which is about seven years from its debut, is getting information about a full model change, but it is planned for 2023 or later, with a major minor change planned for 2020.

At this time, it was found that ISF that was not set in the current model was added. Just an evolution. The power train demonstrates 481ps / 54.6㎏m with V8 and 5LNA installed on GSF.

5L and V8 for GS F will be installed on IS F

CRSKTN

Follower
Reaction score
So... Lexus is supposed to have waited 7 years with enthusiasts asking for a new ISF every single year since launch... To do it in a SUV-hungry world with an outperforming powertrain on a really old chassis?

It could be a stopgap solution, get the ISF out there for people, and move it over to the new power plants for the ~2023 next model generation and whatever the standard F treatment is by then.

Better than not doing anything.

internalaudit

Follower
Reaction score
9 year long model cycles are unheard of (except for Porsche lol) but hey, I am now waiting for a fully electric IS. No more HEV for me after buying my friend's CT200h.

internalaudit

Follower
Reaction score
So... Lexus is supposed to have waited 7 years with enthusiasts asking for a new ISF every single year since launch... To do it in a SUV-hungry world with an outperforming powertrain on a really old chassis?

Is the chassis that bad? Most complaints were that the IS was underpowered, slow and not fuel efficient.

Last edited:

Will1991

Follower
Reaction score
It could be a stopgap solution, get the ISF out there for people, and move it over to the new power plants for the ~2023 next model generation and whatever the standard F treatment is by then.

Better than not doing anything.
It's a missed opportunity for Lexus... They choose not to offer a F variant even with enthusiasts requesting it because they didn't see any financial incentive to do it.
It's almost karma seeing Lexus spending all of this R&D money to do a current ISF so late.

9 year long model cycles are unheard of (except for Porsche lol) but hey, I am now waiting for a fully electric IS. No more HEV for me after buying my friend's CT200h.
Here in Europe we still have CT200h, making it 9 years old already :)

Is the chassis that bad? Most complaints were that the IS was underpowered, slow and not fuel efficient.
Is really old, it's based on the MC platform. Not saying it's bad (I've previously test drive a IS300h and I love it), but this will go head-to-head against a G20 M3, with more than 500hp/600Nm built on a new platform...

CRSKTN

Follower
Reaction score
This ISF news makes no sense and I thought a brand new IS was showing up not just a refresh? So confused...
I have a feeling this will be a refresh, but maybe also a slight realignment of what the IS is and where it sits.

Maybe brand new will be in 2023 and this is a substantial refresh to hold people over?

Honest question, would anyone here be upset if you had the option of the current V8 in the ISF, over no ISF?

If Lexus wants to make their top end F cars super competitive monsters, that's great, but I wont say bad things if they decide to give the V8 in the interim to a couple different models.