Toyota Land Cruiser Megathread (300, 250, Prado, etc)

b.ba

Fan
Reactions
Is Toyota just not going to do an actual reveal for the Land Cruiser 300? I am confused... they're being built, on trucks and I assume on the way to be sold. Seems strange.
They're just trying to compensate for how they accidentally leaked the new NX! They want to surprise us by letting them show up first in dealerships instead of leaking press release photos/videos.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
They're on trucks with the badging all covered up, which is unusual for if they're just going to dealerships. So maybe they're on the way to a reveal?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Could these be for a different type of unveiling - showing off the capabilities at an offroad event instead of on-stage. I remember that's how current-gen Hilux first got revealed in South Africa.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
toyota-land-cruiser-final-front2.jpg

toyota-land-cruiser-final-rear2.jpg

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
wow wow wow
I love it

@F1 Silver Arrows , he was saying that this is the first clear interior photos, and it belongs to the full option high-line model with a red/black combo, and a 12" center screen, which won't be the case for the lesser models

Reactions
wow wow wow
I love it

@F1 Silver Arrows , he was saying that this is the first clear interior photos, and it belongs to the full option high-line model with a red/black combo, and a 12" center screen, which won't be the case for the lesser models

Ah, interesting. Yeah I understood the fact that he said the word inside and was talking about the technology as well.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
everything looks much higher quality than before, i hope it is all stiched leather and not plastic on top (except for the stupid steering wheel cover it seems). Armrest looks like Lexus.

Absolutely one of the bigger problems of LC200 was poor interior quality at price, LC200 is very expensive vehicle, it has to have premium interior acceptable at that price since it compares to premium brands.

So great job Toyota.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
everything looks much higher quality than before, i hope it is all stiched leather and not plastic on top (except for the stupid steering wheel cover it seems). Armrest looks like Lexus.

Absolutely one of the bigger problems of LC200 was poor interior quality at price, LC200 is very expensive vehicle, it has to have premium interior acceptable at that price since it compares to premium brands.

So great job Toyota.
interior quality was not poor. materials were not luxurious, but quality was there. the new LC300 will never be as durable as the LC200. i prefer the old with good quality resistant plastics for harsh conditions rather then fragile bling.

luxury is sound insulation, not bling.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
interior quality was not poor. materials were not luxurious, but quality was there. the new LC300 will never be as durable as the LC200. i prefer the old with good quality resistant plastics for harsh conditions rather then fragile bling.

luxury is sound insulation, not bling.

I had two LC200, for the price quality was not great.

And plastics were easy to scratch, leather on steering wheel was peeling.

All at similar price to LX.

Both LC200 and LC150 were designed in an era where Toyota cheapened their interiors.

This looks so much better.