16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
FAW's Highlander to be called "皇冠-陆放"?

It will be pretty lame If this "Crown SUV" is simply a restyled Highlander for FAW.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
000001.jpg000002.jpg000003.jpg000004.jpg000007.jpg000008.jpg
Toyota has registered "crown kluger" and "crown vellfire" in China, indicating that FAW Toyota will realize the "crown" as a premium product brand series in China. But this has little to do with the true next-generation crown.
Chinese dealer representatives and others attending this web conference all saw the true next-generation Crown and were surprised at it. No matter what form it is, it will not be this "crown kluger".
The reason why FAW Toyota re-uses the "crown" name may be that the true next-generation crown will return to the Chinese market in the future.

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
It was mentioned in the same Best Car article with the IS F, LC F, LS F, NX, LF-1 and LX, but that piece stated that the new crown SUV would be built on TNGA-K.

Not sure if true, but as I pointed out earlier, that seems most logical...

Highlander XSE becomes the Crown... what a time to be alive.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
It was mentioned in the same Best Car article with the IS F, LC F, LS F, NX, LF-1 and LX, but that piece stated that the new crown SUV would be built on TNGA-K.

Not sure if true, but as I pointed out earlier, that seems most logical...

Highlander XSE becomes the Crown... what a time to be alive.

They won't ruin a 60+ production years , Toyota never did it with the CoronaE to do it with the Crown

It will be on a either new FR chassis or one of the current

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
JDM doesn't have the Highlander/Kluger yet. So it's entirely possible the Crown Kluger IS the rumored GA-K Crown SUV. Meanwhile, the real Crown is probably still under development, even possibly as basis for the clean sheet FR platform or based on E-TNGA.

Dealers getting 'surprised' at the next-gen Crown is the main giveaway it won't be the Kluger, since the FAW Highlander program started in 2018.

supra93

Expert
Reactions

66e091bc2d19932de79e174ad215915d.jpg

The next-generation Crown that takes a new step by making it FF. Is a character that has both luxury and sportiness alive? (Image: Best car editorial department forecast CG)

Toyota Crown is the longest-established sedan in Japan. It goes without saying that it is a treasure in the Japanese automobile world.

However, although the current Crown was selling well at the beginning of its debut, the current sales are not good. Starting with that, there are some true rumors that the next Crown will be an SUV.

Meanwhile, the BC scoop team got a startling fact. That is, the next Crown will end its 66-year history as an FR sedan and will be reborn as an FF sedan.

The history has changed drastically, and the next-generation crown that sways and is suitable for expressing it as a frenzy. We will deliver information on the crown of the FF sedan and the SUV that is still indelible.

Reactions

The next-generation Crown that takes a new step by making it FF. Is a character that has both luxury and sportiness alive? (Image: Best car editorial department forecast CG)

Toyota Crown is the longest-established sedan in Japan. It goes without saying that it is a treasure in the Japanese automobile world.

However, although the current Crown was selling well at the beginning of its debut, the current sales are not good. Starting with that, there are some true rumors that the next Crown will be an SUV.

Meanwhile, the BC scoop team got a startling fact. That is, the next Crown will end its 66-year history as an FR sedan and will be reborn as an FF sedan.

The history has changed drastically, and the next-generation crown that sways and is suitable for expressing it as a frenzy. We will deliver information on the crown of the FF sedan and the SUV that is still indelible.

The Crown is officially dead.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
The Crown is officially dead.
Lol GS went away so the Crown had to follow. The Direct 4 / the GR yaris gives me hope still. There can be a a GR crown that is built with serious performance that has nothing to do with the regular crown just like the GR Yaris. Or the new crown gets the Direct 4 just like the ES will eventually get one.

Reactions
Lol GS went away so the Crown had to follow. The Direct 4 / the GR yaris gives me hope still. There can be a a GR crown that is built with serious performance that has nothing to do with the regular crown just like the GR Yaris. Or the new crown gets the Direct 4 just like the ES will eventually get one.

The GS went away but they built a brand new Crown. It makes no damn sense. I thought Toyota is trying to regain their mojo back. I'm frankly appalled and disappointed.

You can throw everything at an ES but it will never turn it into a GS. The ES is an excellent luxury car, but it's not a sports sedan. F-Sport only just helped the ES drive with a lot more alacrity but it isn't truly sporty. I just want the GR-Four AWD system in more cars than the GR Yaris. It's one of the only systems on the planet that rival 4MATIC, xDrive, and Quattro.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
That means Lexus will kill both LS and LC in 5 years. FWD IS or RC, no need to even make it, will sell worse than Acura and Mazda 6.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
The GS went away but they built a brand new Crown. It makes no damn sense. I thought Toyota is trying to regain their mojo back. I'm frankly appalled and disappointed.

You can throw everything at an ES but it will never turn it into a GS. The ES is an excellent luxury car, but it's not a sports sedan. F-Sport only just helped the ES drive with a lot more alacrity but it isn't truly sporty. I just want the GR-Four AWD system in more cars than the GR Yaris. It's one of the only systems on the planet that rival 4MATIC, xDrive, and Quattro.
Thinking about it. I will apply the see it before you believe it logic to this news. IMO the Crown will become an FF SUV or be discontinued completely before it becomes an FF sedan. You have the Avalon, Camry, and ES already selling in that market while will you want to add another FF sedan? it doesn't make any sense.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions

Something wrong

I have some questions

Firstly
In the same exact category Toyota already had the Avalon
Is this means the Avalon will be killed or the Crown will be restyled Avalon as the ES, or more the ES will be killed or turned to FR for more drive enthusiasm and it's role will be taken by the Crown?!!!!

Another Question
Crown with it's 70s+ years got many styles
Sedan
Soft top Sedan
Coupe
Convertible
Startion wagon "Estate"
Shooting brake
But it never been FF

Third Question, thanking to your patience
Toyota never made a name with 2 different wheel drive on all it's history as example they killed the Cressida for the then newly born Avalon for not to dilute the name and save it for later, same for Mark-II and Camry, why they will dilute the Crown now ?

Well said sir.

That means Lexus will kill both LS and LC in 5 years. FWD IS or RC, no need to even make it, will sell worse than Acura and Mazda 6.
So they can safely killed the brand all together, this will be nonsense

No V8 LS was sales and marketing disaster already

You know if this is what they want by killing LS/LC they must have some dignity to say they will stop building cars and go out of the auto industry!

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Thinking about it. I will apply the see it before you believe it logic to this news. IMO the Crown will become an FF SUV or be discontinued completely before it becomes an FF sedan. You have the Avalon, Camry, and ES already selling in that market while will you want to add another FF sedan? it doesn't make any sense.

Crown is already an SUV... Crown named Highlander started sales in China as their premium sub-brand. That is what the rumors referred to.

I am glad we are back to Lexus killing all the models and their brand, again.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
In short
Toyota chosen the easy way to be successful by killing the FR

I still admire Jaguar, whatever it's current situation they insisting on the hard yet future prove success!