16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
I personally feel the crown insignia has to be priced aggressively with pressure being applied by the rav4 from the bottom and highlander from the top.

Toyotas cuv/suv heavy strategy seems like a page out of the gmc/chevy/buick/pontiac/saturn book. Hopefully they dont end up makng the crown sub brand the pontiac or saturn of Japan.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I personally feel the crown insignia has to be priced aggressively with pressure being applied by the rav4 from the bottom and highlander from the top.
I don't think so. It seems that Toyota North America has made the decision that the Crown will be a premium line of vehicles, priced accordingly. The North American Crown sedan is priced (very) close to the Lexus ES (and higher than the Highlander). The Crown Signia no doubt will be priced higher than the sedan.

Let's hope the Crown sub-brand will not be subject to the Volkswagen Phaeton syndrome -- a model that is too premium for the brand it is sold under.
Toyotas cuv/suv heavy strategy seems like a page out of the gmc/chevy/buick/pontiac/saturn book. Hopefully they dont end up makng the crown sub brand the pontiac or saturn of Japan.
North Americans are no longer buying sedans. Despite all the tears shed by enthusiasts, there is not enough demand for sedans for GM (which still sells the Chevrolet Malibu) and Ford (which sells no sedans) to justify continuing to sell sedans in North America. Only Toyota and Honda still sell enough sedans to continue selling them.

Even if we here in North America lose the Crown vehicles, Crown will still live on in Japan.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
I don't think so. It seems that Toyota North America has made the decision that the Crown will be a premium line of vehicles, priced accordingly. The North American Crown sedan is priced (very) close to the Lexus ES (and higher than the Highlander). The Crown Signia no doubt will be priced higher than the sedan.

Let's hope the Crown sub-brand will not be subject to the Volkswagen Phaeton syndrome -- a model that is too premium for the brand it is sold under.

North Americans are no longer buying sedans. Despite all the tears shed by enthusiasts, there is not enough demand for sedans for GM (which still sells the Chevrolet Malibu) and Ford (which sells no sedans) to justify continuing to sell sedans in North America. Only Toyota and Honda still sell enough sedans to continue selling them.

Even if we here in North America lose the Crown vehicles, Crown will still live on in Japan.
The crown has to penetrate the nadm without leaning into its reputation in Japan.

If the the crown will be effectively Toyota's Buick/GMC Denali series....i dont have high hopes.

On a separate note,
New sedans without legacy are no longer viable period. What the market needs from Toyota is the so called stout/maverick competitor.