New IS owner and forum member

Reactions
Hello. I'm new here, as I just bought a '16 IS 350, in Atomic Silver (I call it Gort Silver). I had a '08 Element for 8 years and it developed a fatal engine issue so I traded it in on this car. I have a older classic ('67 Corvette) that is my 'fun' car, so I was fine with the Element for years. Over the past year or so I've wanted something more fun to drive on a more regular basis and thought I'd keep the Element forever and get something more enjoyable (my wife was not big on this ie having 3 vehicles but.....). Anyway, the Element had other ideas, and on my way to the Honda dealer to buy a Ridgeline (sensible, practical, enjoyable to a degree), I stopped at the Lexus dealership and saw this car, probably just off lease, Lexus Certified, with 24K miles. Love the color anyway, and it is like new. Drove it and that was that!
Really nice car; better looking than the 3 series IMO, and dynamic enough for my driving needs. Lots of power also. To some extent I miss not having a manual - this will be my first - but I'm ok with it. Great quality.
Looking forward to having fun with it and being a part of this forum.
Joe (jchez7)

RAL

Reactions
Welcome Joe! @jchez7 ... and Congratulations on your Gort IS!
Atomic Silver is my favorite Lexus color ... and Joe you make a brilliant correlation with Gort who looked to be made of Titanium.
For those who don't know of Gort ... he is Klaatu's robot ... capable of planetary destructive power ...
in the 1951 classic science fiction movie: "The Day the Earth Stood Still"

Candidly, I think Earth needs another existential house call from Klaatu & Gort ...

Last edited:
Reactions
Welcome Joe! @jchez7 ... and Congratulations on your Gort IS!
Atomic Silver is my favorite Lexus color ... and Joe you make a brilliant correlation with Gort who looked to be made of Titanium.
For those who don't know of Gort ... he is Klaatu's robot ... capable of planetary destructive power ...
in the 1951 classic science fiction movie: "The Day the Earth Stood Still"

Candidly, I think Earth needs another existential house call from Klaatu & Gort ...

excellent