New Fifth-Generation Lexus LS 500 to Start at $75,000 in USA

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I kind of hope the US has more options than just F-Sport (US$85k), Luxury (US$90k), or Executive (US$100k). Also, F-Sport is so lean on options it's practically a penalty box.

yes, I really don't get the skimpy optioned F-Sport

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
BD I haven't seen the new A8 yet but the new LS really blows anything away in class in regards to style save the Panamera which uses the usual Porsche design cues. I might not be totally in love with it but they sure took a bold chance with the LS.

Sorry but Genesis is not even an also-ran, its not better than the competition, its cheaper. When Lexus debuted it was better and cheaper arguably.

I think with this new LS, Lexus once again can hold that argument and that is something the LS couldn't really say past 2009/2010.

the Panamera also is substantially more expensive

I don't like the Genesis design at all. I also don't think it drives nearly as well as the LS

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Not to dismiss the GS F in anyway and I know apples to oranges but it starts at 84k, more than the LS F-Sport. What a stunning piece for the price the new LS is....

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
yes, I really don't get the skimpy optioned F-Sport

probably want to keep weight in check, do we know the weight difference between loaded and F-Sport? Plus all those options seem kind of useless if you are the driver.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Not to dismiss the GS F in anyway and I know apples to oranges but it starts at 84k, more than the LS F-Sport. What a stunning piece for the price the new LS is....

funny, I was just thinking the same thing. I've been reviewing videos of both and the LS F sport and the GS F, while quicker and more gutteral, is not that impressive. IMO Lexus has abandoned the GS and the GS F; they really could have done much more with the GS F. I think I'd buy a LS F Sport rather than a GS F, but that is given my other cars as well

mikeavelli

Reactions
probably want to keep weight in check, do we know the weight difference between loaded and F-Sport? Plus all those options seem kind of useless if you are the driver.

It is not about weight. It's because product planning thinks those that want sport don't want the luxury features which I disagree with.

My LS F-Sport missed a ton of options I would have checked the box on. Why is it if I get a F-Sport I can't get the power rear side window shades? I have a kid so I want that for example. I'm stuck with aluminum, no glass or carbon fiber option. Backseat passengers don't get the luxurious the non F-Sport model offers? Why?

It's not like the F-Sport makes up for it with 20-30 extra hp either.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Prices.jpg

http://www.carscoops.com/2018/01/2019-lexus-ls-launches-in-us-priced.html