New concept car for Geneva Motor show.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
So Lexus International posted the Geneva display on their Livestream page, and the iQ is now missing:

a8672d95-80b6-4a52-9ed1-2fffe364e793_640x297.jpg

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
so thinking more about this - what about small suv? It is huge growth market worldwide, and very profitable, unlike small cars.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
so thinking more about this - what about small suv? It is huge growth market worldwide, and very profitable, unlike small cars.

Well, it certainly looks like it will be something small. A small SUV makes a lot more sense than a city car, but I'm still expecting a CT sedan.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
concept.jpg

looks to me like something really small... might be next gen Lexus iQ... i always thought iQ should have been a Lexus.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The Aston Martin version of the iQ was a disaster few cars can match. I think Krew is on the money its a 4 door CT or some raised SUV below the NX...

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
hood looks like really small... so it doesnt look like CT200h based SUV. It looks shorter than the hood on Yaris... iQ had unique platform which had extremely short hood due to re-design of most of components.

As to iQ, it wouldnt be rebodied Toyota for 2x the price :). But purpose built Lexus vehicle based on similar mission - which was unique premium A class vehicle for Europe and Japan, with unique platform that was not possible in Yaris due to costs.

I read some rumors this week on dutch Autoblog.nl about 1.2l turbo engines coming to Toyota's in Europe, it was just briefly mentioned and it made a lot of sense since they would not know about new NR engine being available in 1.2l version and only for Etios which does not get sold in Europe (rest of the world still gets very old NZ engine, like Yaris in NA). So if they were just making it up, they would have said 1.0l or 1.33 turbo like existing engines. Small turbo would make sense for premium small Lexus while Yaris sells happily with NA engines in Europe, having to implement 3rd shift to produce more vehicles this year due to record sales.

Izzam@RegencyAuto

Founding Member
Reactions
I feel that if it's a Lexus 'iQ' it will be a Euro only model. If Lexus really wants to take on the big 3 Globally a CT sedan is logical.

I really love the big 'L' criss-crossing to make the mesh like in the teaser photo and the LF-C2.

The 2015 year Lexus excitement continues!

ThePenguin

Follower
Reactions
Holy moly that front end looks aggressive! 2015 seems like it's going to be a VERY busy year for Lexus!

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
LF-SA is a concept so it could be just a filler. Remember the HPX/LF-X with suicide rear doors? It never really came although the LF-Xr eventually became the 2nd gen Lexus RX.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
if it gets to production, it will likely have several engine choices in europe