Lexus HS Need Advice: Considering Purchasing Used HS 250h

Reactions
I'm considering purchasing a used 250h (hybrid). It's very high mileage b/c of my budget (around 200k miles). Reliability and maintenance costs are very important to me. I know that Lexus is a very reliable brand in general, but I'm curious about your thoughts as to how the hybrid model compares. Have you found the ownership/maintenance/repair costs to be greater than other Lexus models that you've owned? Do these models encounter significant issues above 200,000 miles. When do the batteries typically die? I appreciate any insights? Thanks!

Reactions
I'm considering purchasing a used 250h (hybrid). It's very high mileage b/c of my budget (around 200k miles). Reliability and maintenance costs are very important to me. I know that Lexus is a very reliable brand in general, but I'm curious about your thoughts as to how the hybrid model compares. Have you found the ownership/maintenance/repair costs to be greater than other Lexus models that you've owned? Do these models encounter significant issues above 200,000 miles. When do the batteries typically die? I appreciate any insights? Thanks!

Bumping this post. Hope you get a solid answer. I'm personally not that familiar with the HS but from what I knew it's not bad in terms of reliability for that specific model.

Toyota/Lexus batteries last a very long time. Taxi drivers that use their cars for long hours, all day, every day, the batteries don't seem to run in to issues. I've heard batteries lasting to 300-400k miles.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
The HS is a good vehicle for what it is. I've had mine for three years and so far so good. There is a recall on the transmission and Lexus will replace it for free. I still have the original batteries and no issues thus far. I do like the cabin size, there is plenty of room. The trunk space is smaller due to the fact the hybrid (traction) battery sits behind the rear passenger seats. The HS isn't a sporty vehicle and I find that there is lots of body roll and feels unstable at times since the car is tall (taller than the ES and IS). My CT handles much better since it sits lower.

Overall the HS 250h is fine if you want decent amount of cabin space and has decent mpg's. Wish Lexus would have brought a 2HS and improved it the next time around such as an improved hybrid system to get more better mpg's, performance oriented, larger trunk, improve and refresh the appearance a bit to look more attractive...

1401699495.jpg

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Regarding the maintenance on my 2010 HS, I change my oil and oil filter every 5,000 miles using Castrol synthetic high mileage 0W-20 and the OEM Toyota/Lexus oil filter part # 90915-YZZF1.

Here's a picture of my HS 250h.

Attachments

• 20160804_223732.jpg
    20160804_223732.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited: