My 2014 LS F-Sport Build Thread "Big Bertha"

mikeavelli

Reactions
The first hi-rez pic of her March 2014.....

YK9A0011.JPG

This is parked inside the "Mana" building in Miami...pretty sure you won't see another Lexus inside it like this lol....

2cxdut.jpg

After a long line of owning different Lexus models, mostly the GS...with a kid coming last year I went through a list of vehicles that would better fit our needs. More to come soon on this car's short but fun history for me and my family.

Reactions: RAL

mikeavelli

Reactions
Here she is waiting next to the Carbon Fiber Skipper Kit for the LS....

On March 17th it will be a year and it is the best Lexus I have owned. Even with the 22" wheels, the ride is smooth as butter. Its pretty rare to see a LS F-Sport let alone one modified so I always get people giving me the thumbs up or asking about the car....

This isn't your father's LS lol

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    494.8 KB · Views: 29

mikeavelli

Reactions
Awwww yeah! Can't wait to see that kit installed!

Thank you. This will be an odd build thread since I will be going in reverse.....

I guess what I will do is show the car currently today. I took this with the Sony A7ii but please bear with me I am no photographer....

The front end I fell in love with when I first saw the LS refresh...she always makes me stare...
10wqmn6.jpg

The latest addition are these huge 15" Brembo GT 2 piece front brakes (no rear kit yet, working on that) to replace the already huge 14" Brembo brakes which are stock on the LS F-sport. I went with yellow as I wanted to create a new tradition for my cars. Obviously I have Vossen wheels lol.
2qi07x0.jpg

Here is a full side shot. I hope to convince Brembo there is a market for rear brakes. The LS is lowered with the addition of a JDM Control Module.

2j0l1zm.jpg

mikeavelli

Reactions
15248532356_1989d4a3a3_h.jpg
That thing is just sick!

Thank you!!!

It just occurred to me that "Bertha" turns 1 today!! She was ordered through JM Lexus and delivered to me that day. I did look at a few other vehicles but clearly have been beyond happy with the overall Lexus ownership experience and the F-Sport LS was right up my ally. If there was no F-Sport I would have likely gotten something else. Some things I bet you didn't know about the LS F-Sport
1. Has a LSD
2. Comes with Factory Brembo brakes front and rear
3. Has Factory Air Suspension tuned differently than the other LS vehicles
4. Lower than the other LS vehicles.
5. Obviously different front, side, rear bumpers and accents.
6. The interior comes with real aluminum trim and piano black accents.
7. Full LED headlights are an option which I made sure it had.
8. The F-Sport is the only LS with paddle shifters.
9. The LS F-Sport uses some tricks from the IS F tranny like throttle blipping. In other words when the car slows down the transmission makes sure its in the right gear.
10. THE F-Sport has Sport + mode which not only changes the steering feel but tightens the suspension.

There is more obviously but just wanted to point out some things about the car I doubt many know about. This isn't your grandfather's LS smile emoticon
Pic credit- Raymond Neice for Exclusive Motoring
Carbon Fiber bodykit by SKIPPER

What's next? Well you know the bigger Brembo's are on and I would like to add an exhaust and some more suspension pieces to tighten things up more. Maybe touch the interior just a bit with some yellow accents.

Last edited:

RAL

Reactions
Big Bertha is stunning with that black roof! I didn't think the panoramic roof was an option on the LS, so you had it painted right? Amazing how it compliments the car! The front 'Vossen' tag is a perfect addition too! Best looking LS I think I've seen. ;)

mikeavelli

Reactions
Thanks for posting all the differences. I never knew there were that many over a regular LS.

Thanks. Lexus has advertised the LS but I don't think they have really explained the upgrades on the F-Sport really well. A lot of these features cannot be found on the competition. So I'm happy to parade mine around and talk all about it lol.

Big Bertha is stunning with that black roof! I didn't think the panoramic roof was an option on the LS, so you had it painted right? Amazing how it compliments the car! The front 'Vossen' tag is a perfect addition too! Best looking LS I think I've seen. ;)

RAL, thanks! I would love a panoramic roof option!

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
The wheels are a tad too big for me personally :D, but the whole package is just so CLEAN and so WELL DONE! It all just looks so proper, and the little aero touches are what really seal the deal for me.

Bravo! :)

mikeavelli

Reactions
The wheels are a tad too big for me personally :D, but the whole package is just so CLEAN and so WELL DONE! It all just looks so proper, and the little aero touches are what really seal the deal for me.

Bravo! :)

Thanks bro! I might slap our new 21" wheels soon which might be more to your taste.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Thanks bro! I might slap our new 21" wheels soon which might be more to your taste.

You're welcome, you've done a great job on the car :)!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the overall look, I just don't know if I could ever rock that personally :D. I'd be too worried about damage and what not. How are the road conditions down there by the way?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Thanks! Here is my latest photoset...I went to the "Darkside" with gloss graphite 22x9 and 22x10.5 CVT's. I love giving my cars the OEM plus Sport look

Photoset below
https://www.vossenwheels.com/gallery/gallerydetails.aspx?id=1708

I really like the attention to details Raymond Niece of Exclusive Motoring had in mind when he shot the car, taking it to WynWood with a yellow background to show the brakes...

Lexus_LS_CVT_f5a.jpg

mikeavelli

Reactions
Drive the LS on Mother's Day from Miami to Naples to hang out there and of course the LS was perfect. This is her second trip there and she's a wonderful highway cruiser even with the huge 22" wheels and low profile tires. Trunk space at 18 cubes is perfect with the baby items and whatever shopping was done. The interior is super comfy and even with the big Recaro baby seat in the middle my mom napped in comfort and she is 5"9. I still do wish the rear luxury package was offered on the F-Sport. MPG was 20 MPG but I was not going the speed limit lol.

Its a rare car to see modified so in Naples it really had a wow affect I noticed with tons of people looking at the car.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Drive the LS on Mother's Day from Miami to Naples to hang out there and of course the LS was perfect. This is her second trip there and she's a wonderful highway cruiser even with the huge 22" wheels and low profile tires. Trunk space at 18 cubes is perfect with the baby items and whatever shopping was done. The interior is super comfy and even with the big Recaro baby seat in the middle my mom napped in comfort and she is 5"9. I still do wish the rear luxury package was offered on the F-Sport. MPG was 20 MPG but I was not going the speed limit lol.

Its a rare car to see modified so in Naples it really had a wow affect I noticed with tons of people looking at the car.

Wow, great to hear about the ride quality!

Also let's see if Lexus can take notice, I agree there should be more flexibility in offering the luxury package :).