MovieTickets.com Removed From Lexus Enform

Reactions
Hello all:
I just updated to the newest version 2.20.750.11 of Lexsus Enform App Suite (android version)
This version will remove Movie Tickets from the App on your phone!:thumbsdown:
I updated Enform App in the vehicle about 3 days ago.. And was not paying attention.
Apparently that update remove it from the vehicle also!:(

I did like having that app in the suite in case I wanted to catch a movie while traveling out and about.

How do you find out why...?
i.e. what Lexus division to you contact?
Or does anyone have any info on this removal?

Thanks
RSlack

Last edited:
Reactions
Lexus Corporate sent out this message regarding MovieTickets.com:

Team Lexus,

Lexus remains committed to delivering a quality in-vehicle multimedia guest experience with our Lexus Enform product lineup. Lexus Enform App Suite apps have included prominent third party offerings designed to offer premium infotainment and convenience.

As technology and markets change, third party application providers continuously evolve their products and services. On May 15, 2019, the third-party application MovieTickets.com will be removed from Lexus Enform App Suite. Lexus vehicle owner usage of this application offering is relatively low. Lexus will communicate these changes to affected owners via an in-app message and will no longer market MovieTickets.com

As technology and markets change, third party application providers continuously evolve their products and services. On May 15, 2019, Movietickets.com will no longer be available in Enform App Suite as this service will no longer be supported by the third-party application provider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions
TsopranoMB
Thanks for your quick and timely update.
It will be interesting to see what Lexus will replace/update in the app suite.

:cool:
RSlack

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I think the idea is that with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out you'd just use an app on your phone to perform those functions. I know there's not perfect overlap between cars losing MovieTickets and getting the new capability though.