Motor Trend: Lexus LC 500 & LC 500h Instrumented Test

mikeavelli

Reactions
I think he means 50 a month for Canada? The target was stated by Lexus to be 4k a year in the USA. Sound about right considering in May they sold over 400 and it wasn't a full month of deliveries.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I think he means 50 a month for Canada? The target was stated by Lexus to be 4k a year in the USA. Sound about right considering in May they sold over 400 and it wasn't a full month of deliveries.

it was 50 per month for Japan. FYI lexus sells around 3.5k per month there, just to get some sense of numbers.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions

it was 50 per month for Japan. FYI lexus sells around 3.5k per month there, just to get some sense of numbers.

The LC sold 11 units in Canada in the very first month, though I expect this is an inventory shortage as @PeterF mentioned.

Really though, 20 units per month in Canada is probably on the high side. I'll email and ask for an exact number.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
The LC sold 11 units in Canada in the very first month, though I expect this is an inventory shortage as @PeterF mentioned.

Really though, 20 units per month in Canada is probably on the high side. I'll email and ask for an exact number.

Just to follow up and quote myself here, Lexus Canada expects to sell 120 LC 500 & LC 500h coupes combined this year.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
A brief report about driving the LC. I took an extended road trip with more than 900 miles of travel.

The car is a dream to drive long distances. Very comfortable and still very sporty. Quick acceleration when needed.

The Heads Up Display (HUD) is great, especially if you're driving on the highway. It displays current speed (right) rpm on a scale (bottom of display), on the left it has either the speed limit or Nav instructions (upcoming turns), when you put the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)it displays in the middle of the HUD, includes your programmed choice of distance, the chosen ACC set speed, and it will display a car when it detects a vehicle getting close to your range. It's very cool and it keeps your eyes looking forward. I've heard some say that it's a waste of money ($900), but I don't think so at all. Great feature!

PS Lane Keeep Assist works wonderfully. outstanding for highway cruising.