MM Full-Review: 2016 Lincoln MKX

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Not sure what that means ("?"), because in short Lincoln quality and reliability is still TBD, not unlike a lot of Ford products with average to below average reliability.

Yes, I agree....it is TBD at least to some extent. Like I said, showroom-new is not necessarily the same as 50K and several years worth of wear. (and even Consumer Reports has been embarrassed by vehicles that tested out well when new, but proved unreliable). But the nice condition and overall quality of the MKC and MKX (at least from what I saw) does offer at least a hint that the past Lincoln deficiencies are just that...in the past. Of course, if we see major recalls or serious problems soon....well, then, of course, that will be that. So, I'll agree with the TBD.

Last edited:

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Yes, I agree....it is TBD at least to some extent. Like I said, showroom-new is not necessarily the same as 50K and several years worth of wear. (and even Consumer Reports has been embarrassed by vehicles that tested out well when new, but proved unreliable). But the nice condition and overall quality of the MKC and MKX (at least from what I saw) does offer at leaf a hint that the past Lincoln deficiencies are just that...in the past. Of course, if we see major recalls or serious problems soon....well, then, of course, that will be that. So, I'll agree with the TBD.

Agreed and speaking of CR, they've collected and reported (average to below average) reliability data through model year 2014 for Lincoln models. And most Fords are no better, relevant because Lincolns are closely based on Fords (and not loosely based btw). TBD if hoping for good quality and reliability, because evidence so far is not along those lines.

Reactions: CIF