MKV Toyota Supra Master Thread

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Yeah it could, I don't understand why you're so childish about this. Insider information changes all the time, no one is right or wrong until an official announcement is made.

Lol ok buddy. Please reread your wild conspiracy theories. The A90 is supposedly getting the S58 even though BMW has no plans to make a Z4M. According to ynguldyn, if its not offered on the Z4, its sure as hell not going to make its way onto the Supra. Somehow a new hybrid A100 Supra will come out of nowhere in the next 3 years, despite the fact it took it took Toyota +/-6 to bring the A90 to market.

This is a post by ynguldyn on SupraMKV who is BMW insider for those who do not frequent BP or SupraMKV. According to this the US will get 2 trims, GR Supra 2.0 and GR Supra 3.0. Therefore, a GRMN Supra won't be produced if we assume the GRMN model sits above the GR Supra 3.0.

Ok.. Cool story bro.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Lol ok buddy. Please reread your wild conspiracy theories. The A90 is supposedly getting the S58 even though BMW has no plans to make a Z4M. According to ynguldyn, if its not offered on the Z4, its sure as hell not going to make its way onto the Supra. Somehow a new hybrid A100 Supra will come out of nowhere in the next 3 years, despite the fact it took it took Toyota +/-6 to bring the A90 to market.

Ok.. Cool story bro.

Yeah they are wild, but why can I not speculate? You can speculate, but when an insider info's contradicts the idea of a GRMN Supra you brush it off.

Why is your information more valid than mine? Why is your speculation more valid than mine? Why are your opinions more valid than mine? That is narcissism.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Yeah they are wild, but why can I not speculate? You can speculate, but when an insider info's contradicts the idea of a GRMN Supra you brush it off.

Why is your information more valid than mine? Why is your speculation more valid than mine? Why are your opinions more valid than mine? That is narcissism.

You can, please feel free to do so. Nothing is being contradicted. Supposedly the GRMN is still the 3.0 B58.

Maybe because some of us have chatted to those within Toyota and have a track record with official info vs just posted random stuff on a forum.

I apologize, now looking back you are totally right. A Supra with BMW's latest and greatest S58 is coming, and more importantly a 100% Japanese built hybrid Supra is just around the corner.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
You can, please feel free to do so. Nothing is being contradicted. Supposedly the GRMN is still the 3.0 B58.

Maybe because some of us have chatted to those within Toyota and have a track record with official info vs just posted random stuff on a forum.

I apologize, now looking back you are totally right. A Supra with BMW's latest and greatest S58 is coming, and more importantly a 100% Japanese built hybrid Supra is just around the corner.

The BMW insider said the US is getting a single B58 model. Since the GRMN is supposedly a higher output B58, it can not live with the GR Supra 3.0 concurrently unless it is the same B58.

My brother works for Toyota and this is what he is hearing. Your sources aren't the only sources.

Grow up, it still isn't about being right or wrong, it is about speculating and circulating ideas. If I am right I will eat my shoe, but I am still allowed to speculate regardless.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
The BMW insider said the US is getting a single B58 model. Since the GRMN is supposedly a higher output B58, it can not live with the GR Supra 3.0 concurrently unless it is the same B58.

My brother works for Toyota and this is what he is hearing. Your sources aren't the only sources.

Grow up, it still isn't about being right or wrong, it is about speculating and circulating ideas. If I am right I will eat my shoe, but I am still allowed to speculate regardless.

He also said the U.S. isn't getting the same B58D as the Z4, and of course we all know how that turn out.

Cool, thanks for sharing. 👍

Grow up and stop acting childish? Lol, did I call you any names or disrespect you in anyway? Sounds like someone is just mad because people don't agree with them. Again, keep speculating bro. No one is stopping you. I'm done...

Reactions
Why the hell is there an argument here? The Supra GRMN is coming.

I hate repeating myself. Toyota is using the B58 to their advantage. They don't need the S58 (it would be cool if they got it but again, they don't NEED IT).

The Supra GRMN is being developed from the Supra GT4 and will come in a few years that will sit ABOVE THE GR Supra.

Reactions
Lol, I'm just having some fun on the net. I think it looks alright and will probably pick a used one up in a few years. Gonna love BMW depreciation. 😜

So far the cars have been barely depreciating. You may have to wait a little longer than usual. ;^)

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Why the hell is there an argument here? The Supra GRMN is coming.

I hate repeating myself. Toyota is using the B58 to their advantage. They don't need the S58 (it would be cool if they got it but again, they don't NEED IT).

The Supra GRMN is being developed from the Supra GT4 and will come in a few years that will sit ABOVE THE GR Supra.

Of course it is, I am just saying everything we hear from insiders should be taken with a grain of salt

supra93

Expert
Reactions
So far the cars have been barely depreciating. You may have to wait a little longer than usual. ;^)

Just one example, but a white one was posted on the MKV forum with 12k and the asking price was $42k. Assuming the MSRP was $56k that's a $14k lost. I could be wrong, but I believe that was before the massive discounts on the remaining 2020 models.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Well A70TTR is not one of those insiders though. He's literally more within Toyota and Lexus than any other insider ever.
And everything he says should be taken with a grain of salt as well. Remember when he said the motor will be different than the Z4's? or when the car would have a CGI block?

supra93

Expert
Reactions
IIRC, Tada's friend also said that said on his IG. Pretty sure that's how all that got started in the first place. Guff just made a random thread just talking about GCI in general.

Last edited:

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Pretty sure that was Tada's friend that said that and Guff made a random thread just talking about GCI.

Yet he confirmed it. Years of history is stored on SupraMKV showing this. That isn't to his discredit, but we can't take everything he says as gospel

supra93

Expert
Reactions
I'm not going to dig through 2000+ post, but IIRC he just reposted the comments from Tada's friend. I don't believe he either confirm or denied it. If anything, I think he was just stirring the pot by sharing and giving us something to chat about while we endlessly waited for the unveiling. A70 is usually kinda vague as to tread lightly.

Last edited:

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
I'm not going to dig through 2000+ post, but IIRC he just reposted the comments from Tada's friend. I don't believe he either confirm or denied it. Was just sharing and giving us something to chat about while we endlessly waited for the unveiling. A70 is usually kinda vague as to tread lightly.

A70TTR said:
it's solid iron, but I believe it's likely composed of CGI. What I don't know is specifically where the block came from; I was told it was an existing design that hinted at the M57, but my latest conversation almost sounded like the motor will still carry a B58 designation (different version number?)

As Guff said, one of Tada's closest friends made a FB post about the block being iron a few days back if anyone was still on the fence. This particular individual is privy to product planning/PR and engineering efforts and generally knows this information before anyone else outside of Tada's inner circle (even myself).

Just a quick search where he confirms it is an iron block and speculates on CGI. But just like you I am not reading through everything so I am just showing this to show he has been wrong in the past. Again, I am not trying to discredit him but we can't say these insiders are always right, while ignoring all the times they were wrong. That is even more ridiculous than my outlandish theory.

Insiders aren't always right, even Toyota employee such as A70TTR or my brother, so we still have to take what they say with a grain of salt. So I don't think it is ridiculous to speculate outside of what insiders are saying, even if I am taking shots at the moon.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
^^^
Yes, but click on the next page and you will find the following.

A70TTR said:
they were on the fence last I checked, but it seemed like they were leaning more towards the traditional aluminum B58. IMO, it also makes far more sense for them based on their market etc.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Just to clear the air I apologize to anyone if I came off as rude or childish. That was not my intent. I also don't claim to know everything going on behind the scenes. I was simply just trying to rehash info either given to me and or posted by insiders from both BMW and Toyota.

Moving on, 2025 seems to be an important date. Tada has said it normally takes around 5 years to develop a sports car. Toyota have stated they wanted to offer a hybrid version of all their cars by 2025. Lastly, both insiders have pointed to 2025 as the stop of production date for the G29/J29. Now is this just all a coincidence? I'll let you all be the judge on that.

Last edited:

supra93

Expert
Reactions
That is in reference to the question "So is the Z4 getting the B58 with the aluminum block?" which is about the Z4 and not the Supra.

No doubt he has been off from time to time. Such as the fake vents topic. All I'll add to this is there are deleted post by A70 which only staff members can view. To my understanding Toyota did test the iron block, but decided against it due to weight. Can't say I blame them seeing the final product is already almost 3,400lbs. The aluminum block of the B58 was deemed acceptable as it was tested upwards to 700hp as stated by Tada.

Last edited:

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
He has been off from time to time. All I'll add to this is there are deleted post by A70 which only staff members can view. To my understanding Toyota did test the iron block, but decided against it due to weight. Can't say I blame them seeing the final product is already almost 3,400lbs.

Yeah things change. It is just the nature of things.

Back to my original point that I just have a hard time believing BMW would allow a long term M2 competitor using their own components, whether it be a modified B58, stock S58, or whatever. I believe that was part of their agreement but I can not confirm that. My brother mentioned some plans using generic lingo and I translated that as best I could to a potential theory. Of course he is probably wrong, but I do think it is fair to speculate off what he said and creates an interesting theory.