MKV Toyota Supra Master Thread

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Is this a real power bump or are they just quoting the right number? Didn't dyno results show 335hp is the actual wheel power?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Is this a real power bump or are they just quoting the right number? Didn't dyno results show 335hp is the actual wheel power?

Now this is the full engine from the Z4.... so apparently all those companies that modifed a 2020 will have to start over for 2021

Reactions
This must have really bummed out a lot of 2020 Supra buyers.

There have been some key substantial upgrades to the new engine which makes this more attractive.
I had read documents of this 380 hp engine months before the supra release and I was slamming Toyota on their forums for playing Supra based fans as fools, but I was met with negative comments.

Toyota is not done yet.

Press F for my brothers and sisters.

Will1991

Reactions
Since they’re using BMW’s Powertrains, they could get DCT’s over current ZF.

Would improve performance by a lot!

Having already seated in a MKV Supra, it’s clearly a cabrio chassis's...

This being said, and acknowledging a Supra has by far (really far) a superior performance, maybe I would keep going for the GT86... The feeling I’ve got when I drove one, the manual gearbox operation... It changed my perception of what to look forward in a car.

Reactions
2020 Toyota Supra Discounts Doubled In April

Discounts on Toyota's most expensive car have doubled in April. According to dealer incentive bulletins in a dozen regions, the Toyota Supra now features a hidden dealer cash incentive worth $2,000. In addition, Toyota has introduced the car's first-ever financing and lease deals.

Here's what you need to know.

In most parts of the country, dealers are now being given a $2,000 incentive to help lower prices for the 2020 Supra ahead of a major refresh for 2021. Offers on the 2-door coupe first emerged a month ago with a smaller $1,000 incentive. Now, we're also seeing offers in some states for financing and leasing.

For example, those in the Southeast will find 2.9% APR for 60 months plus a 72-month option at 3.49%. Both qualify for no payments for 90 days as part of the automaker's incentive to help consumers amidst COVID-19. Based on our analysis, this can equate to substantial savings when it comes to interest.

On a $50,000 car, a 5-year loan at 5% would cost $6,614 in interest at $944/month before taxes & fees. The latest offer cuts the interest cost to $3,773 at $896/month. It may not be as dramatic as 0% APR for 84 months from Ford, but Toyota has taken a conservative approach to COVID-19 offers.

Supra leases are a mixed bag.

In the Southeast, the 3-liter Premium trim is listed at $579 for 36 months with $3,878 at signing, an effective cost of $687/month. That's based on an MSRP of $53,990, which unfortunately doesn't include a $955 destination charge. The offer comes with an allowance of 12,000 miles per year.

In New York, the automaker is advertising a $609/month lease with $4,999 at signing. That comes out to $748/month, $61 more than the deal in places like Florida. However, a closer look reveals some quirks like a higher MSRP of $56,140 and a shorter allowance of just 10,000 miles per year.

Curiously, Toyota doesn't offer any transparency online as far as what consumers will get for over $56,000.

All Supras come with the same engine, but our analysis finds that the configuration in question is most likely the Premium with optional Driver Assist Package. Unlike other Toyotas, Supra buyers have to pay extra for features like adaptive cruise control and a blind spot monitor since the car was developed with BMW.

Having said all that, shoppers will have to contend with rapidly-changing restrictions as far as social distancing and even determining whether dealers are open or closed amid COVID-19. Fortunately, some offer online buying options and home delivery. Be sure to check with local dealers to explore your options.

Current offers end May 4.
Deals on Supras got better.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Loyal Supra buyers just getting wrung out. First the immediate improvements, now this.

I guess when they said the tuning of the car was 'entirely Toyota' they meant the infotainment too.

Will supra buyers really care though....? The Idrive unit in it is pretty good as is, and I doubt most buyers looking to purchase the A90 can be bothered. Of course the forums will be concerned with the vocal minority

Reactions
Will supra buyers really care though....? The Idrive unit in it is pretty good as is, and I doubt most buyers looking to purchase the A90 can be bothered. Of course the forums will be concerned with the vocal minority
I think they're more concerned that the Supra doesn't have a manuel.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
P
Loyal Supra buyers just getting wrung out. First the immediate improvements, now this.

I guess when they said the tuning of the car was 'entirely Toyota' they meant the infotainment too.

That happens when doing business with Germans. I don't want to generalize, but I have heard this (personally) from foreign SMEs. I can imagine Bosch (and other German suppliers) having supplied purposely bad/tricked electrical components do damage Italy's car industry. Italians are not perfect and quite sloppy too, but they are able to make well made things when thy relly want.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

The Supra is a heavily, heavily scrutinized car. It comes with the territory. Any year over year difference, especially a year 1 difference, is going to make the year-over-year differential on those likely to be meaningful.

Besides that, it is pretty pricey for what it is, and a bit of a compromise, so these little things add up.