Member amount

Reactions
Im wondering why we have not hit the 1000 member number yet. I know this site has much more daily visitors than what we have now.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Generally forum traffic isn't as popular as it was back 10 years ago. More people are just interested to browse and read versus post and share like they used to. Give it some time, it will grow. :)

mikeavelli

Reactions
Im wondering why we have not hit the 1000 member number yet. I know this site has much more daily visitors than what we have now.

Good question! Honestly I am glad we have not grown too fast in a week, though internally we do anticipate some solid growth in 2015. One of the main goals here is to really transform the user experience and develop a true community feel.

We prefer the "quality" poster compared to bragging "oh we have 8 jillion members" when they are not active and just usernames. There are countless forums that will be larger and busier but we feel they will lack the engaged community quality we will offer, not to mention rewarding people that really go above and beyond. We have some really cool ideas to implement soon and Krew is someone I have the utmost faith in! Here are things we can share:

1. As mentioned, controlled growth, we do not want forum sprawl.
2. Quality over Quantity. This clearly begins with Kevin and his amazing Lexus Enthusiast site and will flow over here in regards to content. We also hope to attract engaged forum members and make them feel valued, not just usernames.
3. Since a new forum always has kinks, a slow rollout is best. We are still finding things out and you all have made some great suggestions! This allows us time to edit and implement recommendations.
4. Later this year we will have a sizeable marketing blitz including official Lexus Enthusiast events for people to meet. #waitforit :)

Hopefully dealerships like yourself become official vendors/partners here and we can do some really cool things together!

-mike-

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions

@LexFather really sums up our approach for the immediate future. The changes that have been made to the site are substantial, and having huge growth in the first few days would have amplified some of the minor issues I've been fixing since the public launch.

Once we're all satisfied with the overall experience, we'll move to the next stage.

4. Later this year we will have a sizeable marketing blitz including official Lexus Enthusiast events for people to meet. #waitforit :)

:cool: