Mark Levinson Lack of BASS (2018 ES 350 with Mark Levinson)

Reactions
Hello How are you ?

Finally, I found a car that I've been looking for for the past 6 month 2018 Lexus ES 350 With Mark Levinson. I LOVE IT!!! its a great car! I Like to listen music all the time so I'm in to Mark Levinson sound system. I love it especially when listening to Smooth Jazz by Joyce Cooling or George Benson. This is my Type of getaway. Sometimes I like to listen something with Juicy BASS. and OH NO I discovered that ML sound System is lack of Bass. I dont hear Rear Speakers at all, When I turn up volume I'm Scared that I will blow Speakers. I never went above 55. Sound Setting is Treble = +2 mid = 0 Bass = 0.

I'm thinking to buy and install Aftermarket Sub-woofer either separate in box to put it in the trunk , or replace OEM (something strong and Juicy without Crackling sound). But I dont know if its okay to let local audio shops to mess with my new babe shiny car., Kind of scared to let audio installers to mess with mark levinson system what if they ll do something wrong. OR maybe no one can touch OEM sound ML system.

Please advice me if its possible to add BASS to Mark Levinson without hurting/destroying sound system.

P.S. in my previous car I had separate Subwoofer with power leveler. ( I could adjust bass level separately from OEM speakers) I had sound settings Treble = +2 Mid = -2 Bass = -6 , So I dont blow/destroy OEM speakers When I turn volume all the way up. I want to do same thing on my new mark Levinson. But I dont know if I can do that

in Other simple words: I want to buy and install Subwoofer, but kinda worry about Mark Levinson System compatibility with aftermarket subwoofer. Is tah okay or no ? PLEASE HELP

Please help me. share your thoughts and experience

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The Levinson system includes a subwoofer; I don't think installing an aftermarket one instead would be a serious problem, but I don't have direct experience there. I will say the Levinson system is tuned for audiophile flat frequency response. If you're used to something like Beats headphones with exaggerated bass it can sound a little weak, but there is actually plenty of bass there.

Alshamsi

Fan
Reactions
The Levinson system includes a subwoofer; I don't think installing an aftermarket one instead would be a serious problem, but I don't have direct experience there. I will say the Levinson system is tuned for audiophile flat frequency response. If you're used to something like Beats headphones with exaggerated bass it can sound a little weak, but there is actually plenty of bass there.
I have the "19 ES, and i gotta say that the bass is really missing out, the low end is very poor in this vehicle...
I have tried the new LX's and the bass is way better, like no comparison at all !
Plus, the ML Subwoofer Broke !!
About a month ago my OEM subwoofer broke and it barley been a year since i got the car it got 44K KMs on it.
The ML in the ES is bad IMO, The highs distorts quickly, i got many rattles from the front doors, rear speakers are nonexistent unless you got the surrond on, the subwoofer is weak, cant hit low notes and it couldnt handle a year of play..
Though i gotta say when the volume is on 40, the mids sound amazing, but the bass cant keep up.

Reactions
I have the "19 ES, and i gotta say that the bass is really missing out, the low end is very poor in this vehicle...
I have tried the new LX's and the bass is way better, like no comparison at all !
Plus, the ML Subwoofer Broke !!
About a month ago my OEM subwoofer broke and it barley been a year since i got the car it got 44K KMs on it.
The ML in the ES is bad IMO, The highs distorts quickly, i got many rattles from the front doors, rear speakers are nonexistent unless you got the surrond on, the subwoofer is weak, cant hit low notes and it couldnt handle a year of play..
Though i gotta say when the volume is on 40, the mids sound amazing, but the bass cant keep up.
You think its okay to try to install aftermarket subwoofer ? Which one you would suggest ?