krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-07-28-lexus-lfa-reimagined.jpg

On this episode of the Lexus Enthusiast Podcast, Kevin and Michael go back and forth on the idea of a next-generation LFA — would Lexus ever consider a new supercar, and what would it mean for the brand? To help answer the question, we bring in LFA owner Charity Lee to tell us about her personal experience.
We also discuss our new website, Michael’s time driving the RC F SPORT, and the IS 500 showing up on Youtube. This and so much more, on the latest episode of the Lexus Enthusiast podcast.
You can subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, listen on Spotify, or download the MP3 file directly. Hope you enjoy listening, and please let us know what you think on our...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions
This was such a great podcast!

I think that a new LFA is possible, however I feel like the spotlight will shine on the new Toyota GR Super Sport hypercar as that competes against the Mercedes-AMG One and the Aston Martin Valkyrie.

It was also so fantastic to see and hear Charity Lee on the podcast!!

Reactions
if the LC-F thats coming out looks something like this I would just be as happy, any more news on the LCF?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
No it wasn't.

I get what you mean, but the car was never released, no concepts, and it's now 4 years into the lifecycle of the LC. Layer that with consistent rumors of V8 program cancellation + GA-L being too heavy to develop further, no V8 for the LX, no V8 for the LS... yeah. The car isn't coming. Sorry to say it. A real shame.

Reactions
I get what you mean, but the car was never released, no concepts, and it's now 4 years into the lifecycle of the LC. Layer that with consistent rumors of V8 program cancellation + GA-L being too heavy to develop further, no V8 for the LX, no V8 for the LS... yeah. The car isn't coming. Sorry to say it. A real shame.

Never has there been a concept for an F product other than the LFA. So that is not the most valid reason out there to disprove the LC F. However, as for your other explanations, it does point to that conclusion, yes.

Also, even if the twin-turbocharged V8 never comes into existence, you do know that Lexus has other tricks up their sleeves right? As I've told everyone before (I think last year, or maybe the year before?) to look at the Toyota TS050 Hybrid (now GR010 Hybrid) for inspiration.

Jeonsa

Fan
Reactions
Never has there been a concept for an F product other than the LFA. So that is not the most valid reason out there to disprove the LC F. However, as for your other explanations, it does point to that conclusion, yes.

Also, even if the twin-turbocharged V8 never comes into existence, you do know that Lexus has other tricks up their sleeves right? As I've told everyone before (I think last year, or maybe the year before?) to look at the Toyota TS050 Hybrid (now GR010 Hybrid) for inspiration.
I was telling Guff awhile ago that the new GR010 looks like it could spawn a LFA of some sort in the future. (Wouldn’t mind seeing the comeback of the 2000GT though in modern form (I know that won’t happen but a man can dream)