Luc Donckerwolke steps down as design chief at Hyundai Motor Group

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
Are profits and sales up at Hyundai world? (Excluding the pandemic). I think that will tell people why the change.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Are profits and sales up at Hyundai world? (Excluding the pandemic). I think that will tell people why the change.
They are down and they continue to be very aggressive with expansion. Odd he just randomly call it quits but it is a lot of pressure. Kia/Hyundai styling has been a big reason for their recent success.

Reactions
They are down and they continue to be very aggressive with expansion. Odd he just randomly call it quits but it is a lot of pressure. Kia/Hyundai styling has been a big reason for their recent success.
Its a mixed bag...I think they nailed the Genesis models, but the Sonata and upcoming Elantra, IDK if the Korean brass was really liking the direction they were going with the styling.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I'm not a huge fan of the Genesis styling, but it's definitely vastly improved compared to a few years ago when you could pick out individual panels copied from specific M-B, BMW, and Lexus models. Also I saw on Twitter last week that there was a recall on the Elantra where the dealer sometimes had to replace the entire engine, which has to be expensive.