Loud constant beep when shift to "D"

Reactions
Hello there

Regarding my problem I did a video as it's easier to explain. I posted in a german forum - no helpful answers. As i can't put a video in here, i post the link to the forum, only because to watch the video. I hope this is ok:

My video in a german Lexus forum

It happens when I shift to "D" and sometims in "P" after driving.

For your information:

- I wear the seatbelt
- Doors / tail gate closed
- no warning signal at dash board

Does anyone know, what the problem could be?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Regards

Samet

Reactions
Hello there

Regarding my problem I did a video as it's easier to explain. I posted in a german forum - no helpful answers. As i can't put a video in here, i post the link to the forum, only because to watch the video. I hope this is ok:

My video in a german Lexus forum

It happens when I shift to "D" and sometims in "P" after driving.

For your information:

- I wear the seatbelt
- Doors / tail gate closed
- no warning signal at dash board

Does anyone know, what the problem could be?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Regards

Samet

video at youtube

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer for you, but, in the video, it sounds to me like the beep for the obstacle-detection system. Normally it begs at faster intervals the closer you get to a barrier, and when you are very close it is constant. That system may (?) be malfunctioning and going off even with no close obstacles present.

Reactions
Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer for you, but, in the video, it sounds to me like the beep for the obstacle-detection system. Normally it begs at faster intervals the closer you get to a barrier, and when you are very close it is constant. That system may (?) be malfunctioning and going off even with no close obstacles present.
I checked the parking sensors, door sensors etc. nothing helped. The beep also is there, when there are no obstacles at all.

Theres nothing on the seats beside a baby seat, which I put on the seat belt. I tested also that I put on all 5 seat belts.

Does anyone know, if it's possible that the 12V car battery is low?

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I checked the parking sensors, door sensors etc. nothing helped. The beep also is there, when there are no obstacles at all.

Theres nothing on the seats beside a baby seat, which I put on the seat belt. I tested also that I put on all 5 seat belts.

Does anyone know, if it's possible that the 12V car battery is low?
I don't know what the beep indicates either, but Mike's (@mmcartalk) suggestion that it could be your forward ultrasonic parking sensor detecting an "obstacle" seems plausible.

I noticed in the video that your windshield was wet. Was it snowing (and particularly a very wet snow) just before you took the video? My experience in my 2015 ES was that wet snow sticking to the front bumper (or just driving through falling wet snow), obstructing those little round detectors will set it off. The front obstacle detection could be quite annoying in heavy wet snow.

Reactions: RAL