Lexus Warranty

Reactions
Hi All,

Had the short block in my 2007 Lexus RX350 changed under 'warranty' by Lexus. $10k job. The block lasted 20k and I broke down a year and a half later. I read that Lexus 'warranty' was 40k and/or 2 years. After being quoted $11,800 for the work, I told them that the short block was replaced a year and a half ago and I only put 20k on it, so it should be covered under warranty. Well, after talking with Lexus Canada, from elevated business division, they said sorry, warranty is only 90 days because the part was supplied by Lexus and not purchased by me. I asked them what the difference is in the parts supplied by them or purchased by me?? So I had to surrender my beautiful 2007 RX350, which still drove like new till the day it died.
So be aware when Lexus supplies the supposed new parts and realize you only have 90 days if Lexus supplies their supposed new part. Bye bye Lexus, forever....

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Sorry to hear about your bad luck -- going through that in less than two years seems almost impossible. Have to wonder if there wasn't something else going on.

Did they give you any idea why it happened so close together?

Reactions
The first time was when the oil cooler line broke, which was on Re-call, never was informed. When the oil leaked out, they saw metal pieces in oil pan and so replaced the short block. The new short block had main bearing go a year and a half later with 20 k on it. The dealership said I would have to pay for replacement. The manager called me back and said for two thousand dollars, they can take it apart and find out for sure what is wrong. This was at Erin Park, Syd was his name.