Lexus UX (UX 200, UX 250h, 300e) Megathread

Reactions
2022 UX is out, and it's not a facelift, not even touchscreen.
That's concerning because a touchscreen isn't just needed for the North American market, but Europe especially which is more critical to the UX's success. Even the Aygo has a touchscreen, but this doesn't...and I want an Aygo more than a UX 😭

Will1991

Reactions
Does anyone have any opinion on what's going on with the UX?

This is what we know:
-> It was revealed on March at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, a month before the 7ES.
-> 7ES facelift was presented in exactly 3 years after launch (April 2021)
-> With a normal 6-year lifecycle, the UX facelift is about 10 months overdue

I find it quite strange, given this is the entry step for the Lexus lineup in a booming segment so it's (IMO) an important car for the brand.

Could it have been delayed due to chip shortage?
Could this be delayed to get the new 2.0L Hybrid system from the Corolla Cross to improve fuel economy?
Could this be the first not-all-new Lexus to get the new infotainemnt as hinted by Lexus ( https://lexusenthusiast.com/forums/threads/motortrend-interview-with-brain-bolain.6589/ )?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
UX250h started sales in Europe in March 2019.
So i would expect facelift this year.

Also didn't Corolla Cross get new system based on 1.8l engine?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The UX has a weird entry point i believe in spring 2019 for the USDM, so it refresh might be as weirder. That being said its a great vehicle for a very small niche. Dealerships though have a hard time to sell it because its unlike anything other in the lineup and for a couple $$$ you use to be at least able to upgrade to a basic NX. With the current market even the UX though is commanding a premium lol.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
i think "problem" here is that it actually started sales in 2019, so even with super fast MMC cycle, that would be in 2022.

It is best seller in Europe and Japan, or at least it was at certain point in time, didnt follow it closely.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
RZ450e will be Lexus' first BEV on dedicated platform. But it won't be an "affordable" car (well, no Lexus is really affordable, as in cheap) but the UX300e is still the entry level to BEV. Lexus will have to make it more competitive. The same goes for Toyota, bZ4X cannot be their cheapest BEV. According to the BEV plan reveal, the CH-R will be that car, and we know UX is related to it, so they'd go by pairs. The same applies to ES/Camry/Avalon.

Now we know CH-R/UX and Camry/Avalon/ES are both the first cars to be based on TNGA platform. They did get their mid-life facelift, though very mild. These cars, being built on the TNGA platform, would not get a new one, but just an evolution. Can we assume they'll get a redesign soon?

Reactions
Now we know CH-R/UX and Camry/Avalon/ES are both the first cars to be based on TNGA platform. They did get their mid-life facelift, though very mild. These cars, being built on the TNGA platform, would not get a new one, but just an evolution. Can we assume they'll get a redesign soon?
Don't forget the Prius!

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
RZ450e will be Lexus' first BEV on dedicated platform. But it won't be an "affordable" car (well, no Lexus is really affordable, as in cheap) but the UX300e is still the entry level to BEV. Lexus will have to make it more competitive. The same goes for Toyota, bZ4X cannot be their cheapest BEV. According to the BEV plan reveal, the CH-R will be that car, and we know UX is related to it, so they'd go by pairs. The same applies to ES/Camry/Avalon.

Prius "grainy DSLR spy shots on an open road" aka controlled PR rollout should be coming to a news media soon/after Q1. Camry while testing, is not ready for the grainy dslr release quite yet, I would say a year out at the minimum.

ES is ways out, they just launched the midcyle refresh.

Finally Avalon go nite nite lol

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
To add on, my bet is lower right corner of course with some ICE additions, but it also could be the famed toyota crown.
toyota-ev-prototypes-20211214-bev-06-blue-convertible-coupe-exterior-front-front-angle-green-grey-orange-red-sedan-silver-suv-truck-yellow

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

i assume some of them (or all?) will be going to e-tnga.

Will1991

Reactions
Some of them might be on the announced E3 platform for Europe.

The CHR for example, and perhaps next gen Corolla, with such a low BEV production volume, I’m not seeing them going BEV-only for the next generation.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Some of them might be on the announced E3 platform for Europe.

The CHR for example, and perhaps next gen Corolla, with such a low BEV production volume, I’m not seeing them going BEV-only for the next generation.

i dont think they planned to go BEV only for any, it is all about being able to add BEV option in the same factory... cars like CHR, Corolla for sure, maybe even Yaris but with different body? Those 3 vehicles are >50% of Toyota European sales.

Stellantis is doing that for most of their models in Europe already, only they are doing it with small batteries which is not helping.

BenzCity

Fan
Reactions
To add on, my bet is lower right corner of course with some ICE additions, but it also could be the famed toyota crown.
toyota-ev-prototypes-20211214-bev-06-blue-convertible-coupe-exterior-front-front-angle-green-grey-orange-red-sedan-silver-suv-truck-yellow
The red one is pretty much the Aygo X.

Wasn't there a report about an A segment model in China including an EV variant? Could the Aygo X be heading towards China?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Looks like a variant of Yaris, rather than Aygo X.

And will probably be unique in styling inside/out since it will end up being 50% more expensive than Yaris, or more. So they will have to make it a bit more exclusive feeling.

Aygo X is super cheapo.