Lexus UX (UX 200, UX 250h, 300e) Megathread

Sadman

Fan
Reactions
Am I reading this right? Lexus is selling cars on Amazon Germany?
Fiat does the same, it basically is a pre-order for special models/limited editions: you pay the sum you see on Amazon (which is subtracted from the final price of course) and then you go to a dealership of your choice to conclude the order and proceed with the bureaucracy.

Last edited:

Sadman

Fan
Reactions
UX 200 review from CNET:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/reviews/2019-lexus-ux-review/

TzMVTpj.jpg

Rockville

Fan
Reactions
I drove a UX hybrid in about 6 inches of unplowed snow and it didn’t feel like there was any difference with dry pavement. The ride is much smoother than my CT200h. You are slightly elevated. A lot of content that wasn’t available on the CT. Some design differences from previous traditions like just push the end of the turn signal and you instantly have auto high beam.
The armrest audio controls. Armrest opens both sides just like LS. My advice, put it in Sport and go!

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I hadn't seen that. I love it! I wish it were offered here in the States.

didnt see it either, we get various different interior options lately in IS and NX that combine colors... I guess UX is step up, this looks really good.

Got it from Italian dealer sales ad.

Sadman

Fan
Reactions
didnt see it either, we get various different interior options lately in IS and NX that combine colors... I guess UX is step up, this looks really good.

Got it from Italian dealer sales ad.
Sadly, if you want to upgrade to the bigger infotainment screen with sat nav and better audio system you have to buy a package which includes the leather seats upgrade (also electric steering wheel adjustments) so if you prefer the leather+cloth combo you have to take the "base" F-Sport model without the gadgets.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Sadly, if you want to upgrade to the bigger infotainment screen with sat nav and better audio system you have to buy a package which includes the leather seats upgrade (also electric steering wheel adjustments) so if you prefer the leather+cloth combo you have to take the "base" F-Sport model without the gadgets.

it seems there is a nav upgrade for €1200, that usually upgrades screen/speakers in Europe.

Sadman

Fan
Reactions
it seems there is a nav upgrade for €1200, that usually upgrades screen/speakers in Europe.
It's not a nav upgrade, it's the navigation module for models without sat navigation feature with the 7" screen.

If you want the bigger screen you have to get the Lexus Premium Navigation which is also tied to the upgrade of the audio system.

Also, if appears that Lexus doesn't care about giving CLEAR infos on both their own f*ckin website and the configurator so you actually don't really know what some single optionals include. You see "Lexus Navigation" and you click on "more info" just to see a blank window with the price...what's the point?

It's frustrating because I have to rely on the American Lexus website to discover some little details and features that are not reported by the European websites, it literally makes me cringe.

Stupid example:

oJsOJrF.png

If this was a feature on a random Audi/Bmw/Mercedes I could've read like 3 pages on their websites about this thing, Lexus simply doesn't care and it's stupid since they're aiming to considerably increase their sales numbers.

Also their official press announcement openly talks of Washi trim for the dashboard and AVS suspension for the Luxury model, then you go and try to order/configure the car and you realize that Washi is not an option for our market (every UX trim has NuLuxe on the upper dashboard) and AVS are only for F-Sport model.

So, in the end: always ask to the dealer and never fully rely on their configurator which is also full of text refuses that you can find printed even on the dealership quotes (they still haven't find the time to correct "OCHER" in the interior colous list since november).

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
it is very dependent on the market, local markets can order specific vehicles, so i see italians get only black cloth on lower trims while germans have like 5 different cloth versions.

Sadman

Fan
Reactions
Yes, I know.

Usually our specific market often has weird limitations (see: no moonroof available - even if preview models on display @ dealerships are equipped with that :weary_face:) but this time with the UX I'd say I'm quite satisfied also because they kept the Mark Levinson system as an optional instead of making it standard on the Luxury trim unlike in other markets (eg. Germany) so if you're not interested* in it you can save circa 2000€.

Here the base trim virtually is non existent because 80% of modern Lexus models on the road are F-Sport, also in our market when it comes to colors it's an infinite sadness because people seem to only buy gray/black/white/dark blue cars with total black interior. :mask:

*Let's hope that the 8 speaker system will be better than the one in the ES since people here say it's atrocious

Last edited:

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Interesting. At least in Canada, the base UX250H comes with heated and ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel, Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror, Blind Spot Monitor Blind Spot Sensor and CarPlay. I wouldn't even bother spending $2,100 on the F Sport Series 1 or much less on the $5,200 luxury package to keep spending to the minimum lol but can't wait for the 4IS hybrid if all these features will come with the base model. :)

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I just found that there was one MAJOR problem with the UX in China: all trims except the fully-loaded UX260h Luxury do not come with LSS+. This is really playing with fire.

Sadman

Fan
Reactions
Is there a particular reason why the car is called “260h” instead of “250h” in China?

Reactions
'250' (二百五) is an offensive word in spoken chinese for 'intellectually impaired'. This was an important reason why ES/IS250 got terrible sales. Lexus realized the problem and changed the model designation to 260.
If it was UX888 it would definitely be a winner.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I just received an email from Lexus Spain regarding the start of UX 250h deliveries. Their stated goal is to sell 4000 units during calendar year 2019, and have 830 orders in hand since the order books opened in October 2018.

Also included is this price list. Notably, most of the terminology is in English, save for CUERO (Leather) and Pintura metalizada (metallic paint).

UX 250h ECO 33.900 €
UX 250h BUSINESS 35.900 €
UX 250h BUSINESS NAVIGATION 37.700 €
UX 250h EXECUTIVE 41.500 €
UX 250h EXECUTIVE NAVIGATION 43.300 €
UX 250h F SPORT 44.800 €
UX 250h F SPORT CUERO 49.500 €
UX 250h LUXURY 53.500 €
UX 250h BUSINESS (4WD) 37.900 €
UX 250h BUSINESS NAVIGATION (4WD) 39.700 €
UX 250h EXECUTIVE (4WD) 43.500 €
UX 250h EXECUTIVE NAVIGATION (4WD) 45.300 €
UX 250h F SPORT (4WD) 46.800 €
UX 250h F SPORT CUERO (4WD) 51.500 €
UX 250h LUXURY (4WD) 55.500 €

Pintura metalizada 1.100 €

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I just received an email from Lexus Spain regarding the start of UX 250h deliveries. Their stated goal is to sell 4000 units during calendar year 2019, and have 830 orders in hand since the order books opened in October 2018.

Also included is this price list. Notably, most of the terminology is in English, save for CUERO (Leather) and Pintura metalizada (metallic paint).

UX 250h ECO 33.900 €
UX 250h BUSINESS 35.900 €
UX 250h BUSINESS NAVIGATION 37.700 €
UX 250h EXECUTIVE 41.500 €
UX 250h EXECUTIVE NAVIGATION 43.300 €
UX 250h F SPORT 44.800 €
UX 250h F SPORT CUERO 49.500 €
UX 250h LUXURY 53.500 €
UX 250h BUSINESS (4WD) 37.900 €
UX 250h BUSINESS NAVIGATION (4WD) 39.700 €
UX 250h EXECUTIVE (4WD) 43.500 €
UX 250h EXECUTIVE NAVIGATION (4WD) 45.300 €
UX 250h F SPORT (4WD) 46.800 €
UX 250h F SPORT CUERO (4WD) 51.500 €
UX 250h LUXURY (4WD) 55.500 €

Pintura metalizada 1.100 €

4k seems like a lot of UXs for Spain only, Lexus sold overall 8k vehicles in Spain in 2018.