Lexus UX (UX 200, UX 250h, 300e) Megathread

D

DDas

Can't wait to see it! Lexus needs to bring it to the States (mostly because I think I want one lol)! I would love to see the same shaped spindle grille as the concept - looks unique and works well for that body size. The interior canNOT be cheap like the NX. Please, please, Lexus.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
After many times watching videos and steady pics for both LF-UX and LF-1 I found a lot of common design cues which makes me believe this design language will be their design language for the next generations CUVs

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
The 2018 Geneva Motor Show has finally posted its press conference schedule. Although, nominally, there are 2 press days, all the carmaker press conferences are crammed into the first day, much more often than not happening 2 at the same time. A Lexus press conference (widely expected to be for the new UX line) will be held on Tuesday 6 March starting at 10:00 AM Central European Time (4:00 AM U.S. Eastern Time / 1:00 AM U.S. Pacific Time)

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Lexus UX Subcompact Crossover Confirmed for Geneva Motor Show

18-02-20-lexus-ux-teaser-image.jpg

The UX 250h has been confirmed.
View the original article post

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I was hoping the unibrow wouldn't make production, but otherwise, very excited!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I wonder if this new hybrid drive line will be of the multi-stage type. Any thoughts?

My sense is that the packaging of the multi-stage hybrid system would probably be nearly impossible for a FWD vehicle that's so small. Plus, it might be engineering overkill for what's about to be Lexus' most entry level product.

However, we can still dream :innocent:eek:_O

I'm expecting a new 2.0L Dynamic Force I4 with a Li-Ion battery pack, mated to a CVT.

LDeleuran

Fan
Reactions
Can't wait to see it! Lexus needs to bring it to the States (mostly because I think I want one lol)! I would love to see the same shaped spindle grille as the concept - looks unique and works well for that body size. The interior canNOT be cheap like the NX. Please, please, Lexus.
There is a chance that it might beupscale compared to NX given that the Toyota C-HR (which this will very likely be based on) has an upscale interior compared to the larger Rav4 (which the NX is a cousin of).

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I wonder if this new hybrid drive line will be of the multi-stage type. Any thoughts?

The multi-stage hybrid system is too long for transverse platforms and too complicated for a low-end vehicle. The UX is not a performance vehicle so it does not the torque amplification from the automatic transmission.

D

DDas

These things are going to sell very well I feel! I can't wait to see the full thing; it's looking like the concept so far (even in the dark teaser). I like the single "unibrow" taillight, but definitely used on a lot of cars/brands nowadays (Audi, Dodge, Lincoln, Toyota, etc).

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Not too surprised with the taillight considering what they did with the Avalon. I think this is the new trend.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
I think Geneva would be more interesting than Detroit. The supposed supra and the UX would be unveiled there.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
My sense is that the packaging of the multi-stage hybrid system would probably be nearly impossible for a FWD vehicle that's so small. Plus, it might be engineering overkill for what's about to be Lexus' most entry level product.

However, we can still dream :innocent:eek:_O

I'm expecting a new 2.0L Dynamic Force I4 with a Li-Ion battery pack, mated to a CVT.

too expensive... as to the hybrid, by now we know it is not an cvt but psd :)

and it still might be nimh, like in Camry.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
At least '50' more than CT200h.

Could it be similar to the HS 250h?

Lexus needs to bring the 2CT with a CT 250h or CT 300h. Lexus could do a lot with the CT if they wanted to.

I'm sure the UX 250h will sell well. Is there gonna be a petrol version as well such as UX 200 to UX 300?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Could it be similar to the HS 250h?

Lexus needs to bring the 2CT with a CT 250h or CT 300h. Lexus could do a lot with the CT if they wanted to.

I'm sure the UX 250h will sell well. Is there gonna be a petrol version as well such as UX 200 to UX 300?

200 and 250 petrols and 250h... depending on the market i guess.

200 and 250h should be 165hp-175hp, 250 should be 205 hp.

Basically it should be "fast enough" where C-HR Hybrid and 2.0l are a bit underpowered.