Lexus UX (UX 200, UX 250h, 300e) Megathread

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
Part of me thinks that it should be due for a redesign or at the very least a heavy refresh since MY24 is the 6th model year, but the UX 300e getting a big update 12 months ago.
Part of me is hoping that Japan’s Crown Sport makes it over to the U.S. as UX/NX

Will1991

Reactions
Part of me thinks that it should be due for a redesign or at the very least a heavy refresh since MY24 is the 6th model year, but the UX 300e getting a big update 12 months ago.

Apparently Lexus is phasing out the UX250h, orders for the UX300h should open in January 2024 - no info on pricing.

But, considering no new trademark for a "h+" version, it should be a 2nd facelift with a powertrain upgrade for the new 5th generation 2L HSD, not a all-new version with a PHEV version.

Don't know what to think about it honestly... Hopefully they will, at least, solve the major issue on the boot space for the UX250h, but was expecting for a all new model with a PHEV option (sharing platform with the new CHR).

This should also mean no new update for the UX300e - ChaDeMo in Europe until 2025???

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Apparently Lexus is phasing out the UX250h, orders for the UX300h should open in January 2024 - no info on pricing.

But, considering no new trademark for a "h+" version, it should be a 2nd facelift with a powertrain upgrade for the new 5th generation 2L HSD, not a all-new version with a PHEV version.

Don't know what to think about it honestly... Hopefully they will, at least, solve the major issue on the boot space for the UX250h, but was expecting for a all new model with a PHEV option (sharing platform with the new CHR).

This should also mean no new update for the UX300e - ChaDeMo in Europe until 2025???
Does the UX have a spare tire? My Corolla hatchback had a high load floor because it had a spare under the trunk floor. They offered an "enhanced cargo space" option that removed the spare and opened up a lot more cargo space.

Funny enough, my GR Corolla also has a very small boot because of a high cargo floor but doesn't have a spare tire. The 12V battery is back there along with a bunch of Styrofoam. Quite a few owners have added a spare to the area beside the battery.

Will1991

Reactions
No spare tire, only the 12V battery and loads of styrofoam - Just like the new Prius PHEV (at least):

The boot space on the UX200 and UX300e is much more usable, for those with small kids it's impossible to go with a UX Hybrid, no space for much more than a stroller:

Lexus managed to go from a hatch to a SUV (CT200h -> UX250h) and loose practicality.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
The CT was only FWD, though. That rear motor, especially one with a little bit of grunt rather than the previous gen Prius one that was something like 7hp, is going to eat into space to a degree. The new rear motor on the Prius makes 40hp. I expect that the UX has a similarly powerful rear motor.

Last edited:

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions

ES300h

Fan
Reactions
I wish they'd bring the UX full EV to Canada, I'd definitely be interested over the RZ (flop).

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
My wife test drove a ‘24 UX250h. She likes it and wants one. Kind of infuriating that the F Sport handling is the only way to get memory seats (standard on the Prius Limited) and no option for Birds Eye camera (available on Prius Limited). It’s pretty obvious what I’d buy, but not my car, not my call. At least the UX doesn’t just feel like a Corolla. It is a very nice little car. Just wish the L badge didn’t have a premium price and lower tech spec. Hopefully some of these complaints of the 250h have been rectified with the 300h when it is revealed for the US market.

Will1991

Reactions
That’s a similar struggle as mine, from a technical point of view the new Prius PHEV is wonderful, but a Lexus interior (even on the UX) is so much better…

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
That’s a similar struggle as mine, from a technical point of view the new Prius PHEV is wonderful, but a Lexus interior (even on the UX) is so much better…
I am generally pretty happy with mainline interiors. I'd be 100% OK with the Prius inside. I'd like a PHEV philosophically, but AWD trumps the very minor operating cost savings that come with PHEV. In the land of $2.80/gallon gas and $0.17/kWh of electricity, the operating cost savings of a Prius Prime over a Prius is like $15/mo. Just not worth the extra up front cost and giving up AWD... which is apparently very good on the new Prius where it was of marginal value on the previous generation (and UX 250h).

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Official press release for US market.

Keypoints:
  • 5th gen HV with more powerful front and rear motors (mirroring Prius), move to lithium ion battery
  • Improved 0-60 (sub 8 seconds) from new 196hp powertrain
  • Shift by wire versus mechanical shifter
  • 41mpg combined rating on AWD (up from 39mpg)
  • Copper Crest new color
  • 12.3 screen for gage cluster on Premium and F-sport
  • Updated to LSS 3.0

Last edited:

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Official press release for US market.

Keypoints:
  • 5th gen HV with more powerful front and rear motors (mirroring Prius)
  • Improved 0-60 (sub 8 seconds) from new 196hp powertrain
  • Shift by wire versus mechanical shifter
  • 41mpg combined rating on AWD (up from 39mpg)
  • Copper Crest new color
  • 12.3 screen for gage cluster on Premium and F-sport
  • Updated to LSS 3.0

We are just heading into 2024 and 25 is already announced? And what is up with that 300 designation not even reaching 200hp??
I've always thought there were unable to retrofit latest LSS 3.0 to older cars due to hardware limitations but they proved me wrong so then I wonder why they didn't do it on their flagships too? Why didn't the LC / LS upgrade into LSS 3.0?

Will1991

Reactions
I am generally pretty happy with mainline interiors. I'd be 100% OK with the Prius inside. I'd like a PHEV philosophically, but AWD trumps the very minor operating cost savings that come with PHEV. In the land of $2.80/gallon gas and $0.17/kWh of electricity, the operating cost savings of a Prius Prime over a Prius is like $15/mo. Just not worth the extra up front cost and giving up AWD... which is apparently very good on the new Prius where it was of marginal value on the previous generation (and UX 250h).

Now fuel prices have gone down a bit, but a month ago regular gasoline was at more than 8USD/gallon, with electricity going around the same price… So my next daily needs to be at least PHEV.

As for the interior for me it’s the biggest issue for the Prius, my daily comute is about 2h (120km round trip) so I also want something nicer.

I would take a UX300e, even with current spec, but can’t get over that ChaDemo charging standard for Europe in 2024…

Motor

Expert
Reactions

The recently upgraded Lexus UX 300e all-electric, compact luxury SUV is the perfect car for driving home for Christmas, with a range of up to 279 miles on one charge, an open and spacious interior, and 367 litres of boot space, which is ideal for carrying Christmas presents and overnight bags. For those who over-indulge on turkey and mince pies, the UX 300e’s nanoe™ X air purification technology can neutralise bad odours, act against mould and inhibit viruses, bacteria, pollen and allergens.

ES300h

Fan
Reactions
Other than the chunky Chademo charge port I don't see why Lexus couldn't bring the EV UX to North America now. It would help them with their EV offering.