bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
looks like next year won't be a bad year also for Lexus. I just hope the chip problem gets sorted out quickly.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
If the 500 is the V6, the 550 could be a V8
I hope so. I just don't think its possible the LC, IS500 and the F cars are the last vehicles with a V8 from Lexus. There's got to be at least two more cars with a V8 down the road. can the LX600 = the LS460 and the GX550 = GS460. if you know you know

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-09-12-lexus-gx-550-trademark.jpg

Lexus has trademarked the GX 550 nameplate in Costa Rica, suggesting there’s a new powertrain and likely a brand new next-generation model in the works. The trademark was registered in Costa Rica on September 7th, and discovered by Motor Trend shortly after.
And what kind of engine would power the GX 550? It’s almost certainly some variant of the twin-turbo V6 from the Toyota Land Cruiser & next-generation Lexus LX, though that model has been trademarked as the LX 600. This suggests the GX 550 will have reduced horsepower as compared to the flagship Lexus LX SUV.
(To think Lexus was planning to cancel the GX in 2016 and replace it with a Highlander variant. Glad to see it surviving for another generation.)

Continue reading...

Reactions: RAL

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Y’all know how feel about all of this

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
The fact that people were still buying the GX, plus the new Bronco, Rubicon, Discovery, etc, and no Landcruiser it's only right that Lexus gives us a new GX.

With words bestcar mag that the LX might be keeping the 5.7L what do you guys think the 550/600 will be? and do you want the 5.7L or the TTV6 in the GX?

Reactions
The fact that people were still buying the GX, plus the new Bronco, Rubicon, Discovery, etc, and no Landcruiser it's only right that Lexus gives us a new GX.

With words bestcar mag that the LX might be keeping the 5.7L what do you guys think the 550/600 will be? and do you want the 5.7L or the TTV6 in the GX?

Apparently since Lexus are experimenting with mild-hybrid systems, I think the 600 will be the V6 + mild-hybrid. But Toyota and Lexus has always looked down upon mild-hybrids in terms of tech so I don't think to them it will warrant the "h" part of the badge.

I think the 550 will simply be the V35A-FTS.

Also I don't think the GX will get the 5.7L V8. It doesn't make any sense and NA V8's will be dead. Now a turbo V8? I think that's very possible.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Yes
No

Current "500h" system was not competitive from the beginning - it will surely be replaced, most likely by 2.4LT + hybrid system.
Maybe, or honestly hope so, the 2.4T will have a lot of variations and will be found in a lot of cars especially those related to GA-K