Lexus Trademarks LS-FC Concept in the USA

Discussion in 'Lexus Lounge' started by krew, May 1, 2017.

1. krew
    krew Administrator
  2. Lexus Cohen
    This is great news, but I'd be very excited if Lexus made a production version to the concept pictured above. It's just too sexy to not be made.

mikeavelli likes this.
  3. Gecko
    Gecko Staff Member Administrator
    ^I have a feeling that the refreshed 5LS will look like the LF-FC concept. That's how Lexus seems to be going lately.

Concept --> Slightly watered down production version --> refreshed version is closer to concept.

mikeavelli, Ian Schmidt, RAL and 2 others like this.
  4. PeterF
    Good looking car! Akio Toyoda said that we should expect a fuel cell Lexus by 2020; my bet is that it will be the LS-FC (pictured above). I have serious doubts that there will be a LS F any time soon.

mikeavelli likes this.
  5. Den
    Den
    Maybe they are talking about the coupe?! :confused:

mikeavelli likes this.
  6. Ian Schmidt
    Ian Schmidt Staff Member Moderator
    We know that the production version in this case was done before the concept, but the end result is certainly the same.

mikeavelli, Joaquin Ruhi and PeterF like this.
  7. mordecai
    *patiently waiting for cmk's post*

Agree with Peter, I think this is the Fuel Cell car that will be very close to the production model or at least not as concept-like as the LF-FC. Interesting that this is named LS-FC and does not use the "LF" or "Lexus Future" nomenclature, which to me indicates it will be heavily based on the production LS.

8. Joaquin Ruhi
    Joaquin Ruhi Staff Member Moderator
    It seems that Lexus is moving away from the LF-xx protocol for naming their concept cars. I'd say it started when they realized that their concept predictor for the UX sub-compact crossover line would be teased and ridiculed mercilessly as L-FUX if they'd stuck to the predicted LF-UX badge. Hence, it became the UX Concept. And note that the word "Concept" is part of the LS-FC trademark.

On a side note, I can't believe that a "professional" automotive writer like AutoGuide's Jason Siu could get it so wrong when deciphering the LS-FC Concept's significance. The very first post-article comment called him out on it...

9. TsopranoMB
    Quite strange, here at LEXUS OF PALM BEACH in the Internet Sales dept, we just got 3 in a row leads regarding this vehicle!

Lead Type:Website-Fast Track - LWFT34100000-LC Leads to Dealer |Default

[Vehicle]
    - Unknown Vehicle:LF-LC