Lexus LFR Megathread

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Ha that's so funny. I heard early on another version of that name enough maybe they were still undecided until now.

Either way yes this should satisfy people.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
It would be a great missed opportunity to not adopt the powertrain for a dedicated performance SUV like XM. Maybe revive the LF-1 project? BMW just ignored weight on the XM so the weight problem that led to LF-1 cancellation may not be a problem after all. When you have almost 1000PS and 400mm+ brakes, even 2500kg is "lightweight".

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
My guess is over 200k, as this is TTV8 hybrid with near 1000hp(if rumors are true)
I'm guessing the GT3 version is going to have the TTV8 since that is the technology we are going to have at hand first...

Per the GT3 rules, HP needs to be 500-600... So, the GT3 car needs to be within that limit which is the LFR version that we will be getting first around 2025 at best. Unless the rules are going to change...

"The cars in GT3 are designed to have a weight between 1200 kg and 1300 kg (2645 lbs and 2866 lbs) with horsepower between 500 hp and 600 hp."

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I would imagine translation is a big part of this.

The successor to the RCF GT3 car is this new GT3 car.

A new supercar (eventually the BEV concept by 2030), and likely other coupes like the RC will utilize a down market application of the platform and technology.

I can't imagine they design that thing and don't try to use that platform as much as possible

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
One of the most interesting part of rumors on this engine is its very low torque-to-power ratio for a turbocharged engine. BestCar have been reporting 660-700PS but only 650-700N.m of torque. This resembles a Ferrari F154/McLaren M840 type of tune which sacrifices low rpm torque and optimizes for top end power in the range of 7000-8000 rpm, but with hybridization they could make up the lack of torque with electric motors. High revving is crucial for good sound and I hope this rumor to be true. I expect the final output figures to be ~950PS and ~1000N.m.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
One of the most interesting part of rumors on this engine is its very low torque-to-power ratio for a turbocharged engine. BestCar have been reporting 660-700PS but only 650-700N.m of torque. This resembles a Ferrari F154/McLaren M840 type of tune which sacrifices low rpm torque and optimizes for top end power in the range of 7000-8000 rpm, but with hybridization they could make up the lack of torque with electric motors. High revving is crucial for good sound and I hope this rumor to be true.
Yea with racing, you want top end power. Who knows if it'll get the hybrid for the gt3 version since 600hp is the max power.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I would imagine translation is a big part of this.

The successor to the RCF GT3 car is this new GT3 car.

A new supercar (eventually the BEV concept by 2030), and likely other coupes like the RC will utilize a down market application of the platform and technology.

I can't imagine they design that thing and don't try to use that platform as much as possible
I need the IS on this! Wonder what powertrains they'll use other than ttv8 on this platform if used for other vehicles

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions
According to this website, the LFR will be developed with a range of 30km in EV mode.
TTV8 PHEV?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Would be truly wonderful but I don't know how they do it without scaling up production on what must be a complex and expensive motor