Lexus Torque Vectoring Differential (TVD) and other TV discussion

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Figured this feature deserves its own thread.

Differential Torque Vectoring
Brake-Based Torque Vectoring
Clutch-Pack Differential Vectoring
Electric Torque Vectoring

I think only the GS F and RC F (non-track edition) can have them.

Is it really that expensive or complex Acura has had it's SH-AWD since mid-2000's and the Sports Hybrid SH-AWD ( electric torque vectoring) since 2016 on its RLX and MDX hybrids.

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
Figured this feature deserves its own thread.

Differential Torque Vectoring
Brake-Based Torque Vectoring
Clutch-Pack Differential Vectoring
Electric Torque Vectoring

I think only the GS F and RC F (non-track edition) can have them.

Is it really that expensive or complex Acura has had it's SH-AWD since mid-2000's and the Sports Hybrid SH-AWD ( electric torque vectoring) since 2016 on its RLX and MDX hybrids.

Toyota does have the torque vectoring on their Rav4. So I assume it will be coming to Lexus cross-overs.

I don't know if it is "That" expensive or complex. Toyota used Torsen Diffs on their AWD Lexus sedans...that was their approach...and the Torsen diffs on their Lexus GX and LX...in the Torsen diff case, they are always working.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Toyota does have the torque vectoring on their Rav4. So I assume it will be coming to Lexus cross-overs.

It's very subtle and lame though according to one of the reviews I read (video I watched). I will post if I recall which reviewer did the review of the RAV4 TV.

So I know I want nothing of that lol. But my next new vehicle purchase would definitely be a hybrid, at the minimum. I'm so far content with our 16 RAV4H (yes, there is no torque vectoring even on the 5th gen RAV4 hybrid) and my recently acquired CT200h.

It's really looking like I will have to wait for electric torque vectoring either from Lexus or Acura in my next car -- 90% chance a BEV to make it happen.

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
It's very subtle and lame though according to one of the reviews I read (video I watched). I will post if I recall which reviewer did the review of the RAV4 TV.

So I know I want nothing of that lol.

Ok, post it if you can. see my comment about Toyota Torsen diffs above.